Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hmmm...AWD Fiesta?

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
Um, the AWD Fiesta is the EcoSport.

The Bronco should be based on the Ranger platform. There is electric mini SUV's coming, but that doesn't look to be electric. It would be hard to imagine using the Fiesta platform for the Bronco, but who knows. I would also think that the images captured are probably for some sort of EU only product and not for the US. Some sort of car based crossover for other markets or the next generation EcoSport. So it could be that as well. Either way, it is an interesting mule!

Hey the more AWD model based on the Fiesta platform, the more my dream of fitting an AWD system on a FiST is alive.

Clearly, they are able to put an AWD system on a Fiesta body. While we don't see what it looks like under it, I would not be surprised if the only thing in the way would be the spare tire well (like the Focus).

I do wonder why they are using a Fiesta body to test an eventual small SUV... why not just use an EcoSport? If it's a next generation EcoSport, just use the current EcoSport body, same if it's a mini Bronco on the same platform. Why use a Fiesta body?

Wishful thinking would be a Fiesta RS, but it's way too high for that. The bigger arches would make sense as they would want bigger tires for an RS and AWD, but the height throws everything off. Also the 5 bolts pattern, but then the EcoSport is also 4 bolts, why would it be 5 bolts on the same platform?

So the mini bronco would compete against the Renegade I guess?