Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Plugs for stage 3

I can't find much and if I'm just blind, please don't flame. Other platforms I've owned have seen no difference from copper or Iridium plugs.

On a stage 3 (assuming they are getting replaced every 10k miles) do you still run Iridium or can we run regular plugs?

Also, heat range and gap recommendations would be appreciated

Oh, if you look around you will find threads on this. Outside of that, I think Stratified has a pretty good write-up here: http://stratifiedauto.com/blog/spark-plug-tech/
And TUNE+ has a bit about the plugs as part of their page that sells the 1 step colder plugs: https://adamtuned.myshopify.com/products/ngk-6510-spark-plugs

From what I understand, if you have mods and especially a tune, most go with the 1 step colder. For gap, I've seen .025 and .026. I bought mine pre-gapped from Tune+ so I can't say for sure what they have them gapped to. I think you are fine if you want to run stock plugs. But I do think Iridiums are the way to go if you are Stage 3.

me32

1000 Post Club
The ecoboost are different than the other Fords that are non EcoBoost. They seem to be very picky with spark types and brands. In general the motorcraft plugs have proven to perform the best over all. Some others have had luck with brisk and ngk. But seems to be a hit and miss.

A7xogg

Ngk or denso step one colder plugs. Though I had a thought. Since Ford recommend 2 step colder plugs for their Ford performance tune for the post, I wonder if someone should try 2 step colder plugs for the fist.