Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Catback exhaust or muffler delete

Hi, guys so recently got myself a 2014 Fiesta ST. Really loving the car as is, but already thinking about things to make it my own. I always wanted a car that sounds aggressive, but I was first thinking about waiting a while longer and getting a full catback when it would be responsible to do so.
However, know that I think about it, a full catback is really isn’t the best use of my money, I could easily use that money for more effective power mod, a aftermarket exhaust wouldnt help all the much with hp gains am I wrong.
I was think of just getting a muffler delete, but I really hesitate as it might sound a little ricey. It’s really hard to tell on YouTube video what a muffler delete actually sounds like. Thought i ask what you all prefer and any suggestions for exhaust solution would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Muffler delete sounds pretty rough - you can probably just get the muffler replaced with a Magnaflow at a local shop for 200 bucks or less including muffler if you just want to add a little character. Don’t do the muffler delete, it doesn’t sound good, it’s just loud and obnoxious and sounds as low budget as it is. It’s a huge pity that a mufflerless st doesn’t sound like a fiat Abarth, that would be the sexy.

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
I think the resonator delete sounds better than the muffler delete. I’ve been thinking about deleting the resonator, but I’m afraid that it may become unpleasantly raspy a few months afterwards.

I have been all (3) routes haha.

First was Res delete, added some sound nothing noticeable in cabin and no added drone. All sound added from res delete was out the back.

Second was res delete+muffler delete. While it sounded good to my inner 18yo self, being twice that age now it was fun for a bit, but grew tired of it after a month or so. Drone was pretty heavy as you can imagine from a setup like that. The sound was pretty much everywhere at this point not just out the back. Burbles and pops pretty good like this, get a few gunshots out the back every now and then haha.

Third was the Thermal CBE. Put it on yesterday and I think it sounds great. No drone with a factory DP, good throaty deep sound on accel, and the occasional burble and pop here and there.

I plan to go with a larger turbo setup within the next year, that is why I went the 3" CBE route. If you are just wanting some sound as stated above a performance weld in muffler might be the way to go for relatively cheap.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
when I get around to it, I was thinking about doing a 3" catback fabbed by a local shop that'll do t304, I wanted to start with a vibrant bottle resonator up front and have a vibrant ultra quiet at the back instead of a muffler, if that was too loud or drone-y I was going to swap the UQ to a vibrant muffler and call it day.

OP
syasar
Thread Starter #7
So I assume a resonator delete is a much better place to start then a muffler delete. I just want the car to be sightly more lively. How much louder would it be compared to stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 3 inch straight pipe which means resonator and muffler delete.
[video]https://youtu.be/qCelJYmq6jo[/video]

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Just have your muffler replaced with a Magnaflow or something. Res delete isn’t much of a difference and a muffler delete sounds rough hollow and drone-y. Seriously, if you’re trying to do it cheap just replace your muffler.

I have a 2018 Fiest, I deleted the muffler , installed a straight pipe and got a nice matte black tip, is not loud, sounds nice when I get on it and I cruise at 80 mph with no ramble or being annoyed, Btw I'm 42 , and I had plenty of loud Turbo cars, is was cheap , quick solution , sound and looks great.

RC

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
I have a 2018 Fiest, I deleted the muffler , installed a straight pipe and got a nice matte black tip, is not loud, sounds nice when I get on it and I cruise at 80 mph with no ramble or being annoyed, Btw I'm 42 , and I had plenty of loud Turbo cars, is was cheap , quick solution , sound and looks great.

RC
I also had a muffler delete. Same exact as you lol. I liked it. Sounded real deep rumbly and poppy. Every now and again would get a big pop witch made me lol inside. It is droney under a load. Only went cp-e because of plans for a larger turbo in the future. If I had no plans for a larger turbo I would have kept the muffler delete. Costed me 50 bucks.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I did deleted the muffler and resonator on mine, with a dual 3in tip. I think it sounds pretty good. I was going for a loud and slightly obnoxious sound though. Lets be honest, to the untrained eye our cars are just "cute little hatchbacks". I wanted to turn heads with mine.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I also had a muffler delete. Same exact as you lol. I liked it. Sounded real deep rumbly and poppy. Every now and again would get a big pop witch made me lol inside. It is droney under a load. Only went cp-e because of plans for a larger turbo in the future. If I had no plans for a larger turbo I would have kept the muffler delete. Costed me 50 bucks.

I actually get a LOUD pop every once and a while in between WOT shifts, and on WOT to closed throttle in gear decel with my Nexus system despite still being on the factory tune/turbo, and down pipe. ;)

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
I actually get a LOUD pop every once and a while in between WOT shifts, and on WOT to closed throttle in gear decel with my Nexus system despite still being on the factory tune/turbo, and down pipe. ;)
Yea I really do like my cp-e. Every now and then I get ones as loud as a gun shot. The best one happened under a bridge. It was awsome. Then I had a buddy come down from Washington and the damn thing would not pop for me.

LILIKE16ST

I like my muffler and resonator delete I think it sounds deep and fairly aggressive ecapecially at low revs. Def does not sound high pitched or ricey at all imo. Most 4 bangers set up this way would but not the FiST. was 110 bucks total including the tip I purchased from the shop. Still have factory dp.