Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stage 2 tune help

Can’t seem to find the answer I’m looking for and getting different answers from people I know. I am currently running stage 1 Cobb ots. I have a mishimoto intake and a whoosh fmic. Can I run the stage 2 ots from Cobb or should I let it be on stage 1 till I get time to put my catless downpipe on and then run a custom stratified tune. Would running stage 1 hurt the car since I put the fmic on? Thanks in advance for any help on this.

As long as you have the upgraded FMIC and intake, nothing to stop you from Stage 2. You will be fine. For Cobb Stage 3 OTS, it probably does need the downpipe.

Running stage 1 will definitely not hurt - "downgrading" to a less aggressive tune is fine. Overall, the Cobb OTS tunes are very conservative and safe. It takes at least a flash tune, and even better a custom tune, to stretch the limits of some of your gear.

My recommendation would be to run Stage 2. If you are definitely getting that DP, then go ahead and wait before getting that custom tune. But as you have probably already read - unless you plan on upgrading your turbo, you can skip the DP and just get a custom tune with your current bolt-ons. The little stock turbo doesn't really take advantage of the more free-flowing DP (but it will sound a bit better). Hey, it's your money :)