Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Damn...Screw in new tire.

Only have about 2,000 miles on my new ST. Went to check my tire pressure today and found a screw sticking out of the sidewall corner. Already lost pressure. Just ordered a new RE050A for $170 shipped since the others are still newish looking. Not a bad tire...just expensive. I'll try the Indy 500s when all these wear out.

I recently upgraded to a matching spare wheel. At least I'll stay in style until the tire is replaced [biggrin]

Attachments

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Only have about 2,000 miles on my new ST. Went to check my tire pressure today and found a screw sticking out of the sidewall corner. Already lost pressure. Just ordered a new RE050A for $170 shipped since the others are still newish looking. Not a bad tire...just expensive. I'll try the Indy 500s when all these wear out.

I recently upgraded to a matching spare wheel. At least I'll stay in style until the tire is replaced [biggrin]
Did you check to see if you maybe had like a tire warranty, so you could have saved $170.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

OP
Bishop
Thread Starter #3
Did you check to see if you maybe had like a tire warranty, so you could have saved $170.

I checked. Unfortunately the factory tire warranty doesn't cover punctures.

I'm just glad I noticed it while it was parked in my garage.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I checked. Unfortunately the factory tire warranty doesn't cover punctures.

I'm just glad I noticed it while it was parked in my garage.
That sucks. I have the worst luck with getting holes in my tires.

dmb

the dealership and the salesman live by their reviews. you should be getting a few questionnaires from ford about your dealer and sales rep. use this as a carrot to get your replacement. tell them your unsatisfied with your experience and that other dealers like''VW'' stand by their tires. Unlike some, Ford is very serious about the answers they get. and if too many low scores the salesman gets outted and the dealership can be in big trouble. good luck

OP
Bishop
Thread Starter #6
the dealership and the salesman live by their reviews. you should be getting a few questionnaires from ford about your dealer and sales rep. use this as a carrot to get your replacement. tell them your unsatisfied with your experience and that other dealers like''VW'' stand by their tires. Unlike some, Ford is very serious about the answers they get. and if too many low scores the salesman gets outted and the dealership can be in big trouble. good luck
I had a solid experience at my dealership and they sold me the car new for $18.5 OTD cash, so I'm not going to shit on them to get a free tire. Shit happens....screws fall out and get run over.

https://youtu.be/qlllvd_AMDw

I once got a screw in a new tire within 10 miles of mounting. I asked my tire shop if that was a record; he said no...100 yards.

OP
Bishop
Thread Starter #8
I once got a screw in a new tire within 10 miles of mounting. I asked my tire shop if that was a record; he said no...100 yards.
That really sucks. I think Discount has a no fault warranty that covers punctures like that.

AzNightmare

Is that not repairable? Guess I didn't realize that area is considered too close to the sidewall. That sucks.

I wonder how did that happen. It doesn't look like the tires contact patch is even there.