Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Sound Deadening? Who has done it? Where is most effective?

OP
HBEcoBeaST

HBEcoBeaST

Thread Starter #21
Competitive doesn't even begin to describe it. I'd paid gladly, if those were indeed the prices - considering how much time I had to spend on this. Labor of love, surely, but - an amateur job nonetheless. I am quite curious how they are going to route the sound leads to the speakers - this takes an effort, from finding the correct twisted pair in the loom, and then routing them through the door jamb. I would imagine they are going to solder, rather than tap the leads. I am being incredulous simply because I am jealous, I guess. Getting the sound deadening through the small openings in the door is a bitch, and - the view is if you don't cover the whole area, it ain't worth it. So - I hear you, and hope that you won't get the bait and switch dealio.
Where are you located and how much were you quoted for install?

Just curious.

The big money saver is bringing my own parts vs buying from the shop at MSRP.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
Where are you located and how much were you quoted for install?

Just curious.

The big money saver is bringing my own parts vs buying from the shop at MSRP.

Well, I never was going to have it professionally done - I was going to occupy myself for a couple of weekends. Only in hindsight, I'd probably have had somebody else install this for me. I am still incredulous about how few hours they're quoting you - routing the speaker wire is going to be a total bitch.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

OP
HBEcoBeaST

HBEcoBeaST

Thread Starter #23
Well, I never was going to have it professionally done - I was going to occupy myself for a couple of weekends. Only in hindsight, I'd probably have had somebody else install this for me. I am still incredulous about how few hours they're quoting you - routing the speaker wire is going to be a total bitch.

Yea to be honest I think it's basically a whole day. All shops said it would be a flat rate price but they'd have to see the parts before giving a hard quote, hence the price range and hours I was getting.

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
Yea to be honest I think it's basically a whole day. All shops said it would be a flat rate price but they'd have to see the parts before giving a hard quote, hence the price range and hours I was getting.

As I said, in my view it's the routing of the wires that takes the longest - and this they would have to do regardless of the speakers or amps that you're bringing. I can see this taking a day only if they are working with large numbers of Fiestas, and can do this blindfolded.

OP
HBEcoBeaST

HBEcoBeaST

Thread Starter #25
As I said, in my view it's the routing of the wires that takes the longest - and this they would have to do regardless of the speakers or amps that you're bringing. I can see this taking a day only if they are working with large numbers of Fiestas, and can do this blindfolded.

If you have any bigger, reputable audio shops local to you I'd recommend paying a visit. They l have several people working on the car at once who are usually more savvy than you and I.

The shops I'm looking at do several cars each day including complete systems. There's usually half a dozen+ workers and all experienced. I'm definitely sticking with the highly reviewed, established shops. I figure not all their Yelp reviews are can be fake lol.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
HB autosound, Beach Auto Sound, Metro Sound. Al& Ed's won't install customer brought parts. There's a few nice shops in OC mostly HB and Costa Mesa.

Deadening install alone is pretty pricey. Since my doors are already off for the speakers I'm saving significant labor cost on the deadening install.

Most car audio places will gladly combine labor. $500 was the average quote on my install. I just picked the shops with plentiful good reviews.

My buddy's system was installed by Beach Auto Sound and he only had 1 problem with a trim clip that came undone. They fixed it right away and we're cool about it. All the other shops I only know by their reviews.

Thanks for the feedback.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
If you have any bigger, reputable audio shops local to you I'd recommend paying a visit. They l have several people working on the car at once who are usually more savvy than you and I.

The shops I'm looking at do several cars each day including complete systems. There's usually half a dozen+ workers and all experienced. I'm definitely sticking with the highly reviewed, established shops. I figure not all their Yelp reviews are can be fake lol.

Do let us know how it turns out. 3 people working at the same time = 3x the hourly rate...

OP
HBEcoBeaST

HBEcoBeaST

Thread Starter #28
So my appointment went well. They convinced me that an lc7i would be better than an lc2i since I would lose the front to back balance of the fader if I used the lc2i. The audio shop guy also said the channel summing makes a sound quality difference. For 30$ I'm down to upgrade.

They couldn't touch Amazon's prices because authorized retailers have to charge set prices. But they would still provide a lifetime warranty for all their install including taking out broken parts.

Unfortunately, they don't have any monday-tuesday (my only days off) openings until late next month. Said it would be an all day affair. 650$ OTD for install.