Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Wrapping my roof

HBEcoBeaST

Hi guys! New Fiesta owner and new to the forum.

I'm gonna be wrapping my roof and I just wanna know if the roof trim is easily removable/how-to and easy to put back on. Thanks!
I had my wrap professionally installed and I don't recall them removing the roof rubber trim. Not 100%sure though.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Sub'd - as I want to DIY this as well. Can't believe the quotes I am getting for just getting the roof wrapped. Let us know any problem areas and how it comes out.

Welcome!

HBEcoBeaST

Sub'd - as I want to DIY this as well. Can't believe the quotes I am getting for just getting the roof wrapped. Let us know any problem areas and how it comes out.

Welcome!
I paid I think 360 for the entire roof minus the spoiler (2 pieces) and the mirror caps. 3M and 1 year warranty

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Spaceman_Spiff

My trim was coming off, had it replaced under warranty. It's attached with glue, and there is a metal piece inside to help keep its shape. If you remove it, you'll bend the metal and you'll have to replace it with another one. Probably best to just cut the vinyl around them.

Done by a newbie with the commentary help of his teacher.

[video=youtube;v106p9lcJxY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v106p9lcJxY[/video]

AzNightmare

DIY-er here.

First of all, there are many different (versions of) Vvivid materials. Some are simply garbage though. Great price and I would recommend them for small projects, but for something as big as a roof, forget it. I wouldn't risk using them for fear of getting one of the garbage versions. Their adhesive is way too strong and it makes their air channels redundant as you are unable to push out the air bubbles because of how strong the adhesive is. If you are a professional, maybe it's worth it. But as a DIY that probably only wants to buy one roll and not have issues the first time, I would suggest to avoid them. I tried using Vvivid and it was a nightmare. Wasted 8+ hours of my life.

I went with 3M. More expensive, but so much more worth it. Used the exact same technique and got my roof wrap done in about 3 hours.

Also, for the roof trim, it's unnecessary to remove them. Use one of those plastic auto trim tools to move the rubber and tuck the vinyl wrap in. Hard to explain, but you'll get it if you take a close look at your roof trim.

I have wrapped my FiST roof twice and have done it without removing the rain tray trim. It sucks but they are glued in so you would have to replace it if you did. Like the poster above said, just get some trim tools and tuck the vinyl in. Basically you wrap the entire roof and save the edges until last, trim them very carefully and then tuck them under.

BTW I have used Avery vinyl both times and really like it, super easy to work with. I used Vvivid before and its junk.