Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Enhance Performance Exhaust

OP
VirtualRonin

VirtualRonin

Active Military
Thread Starter #21
I just ordered one of these!

I've been considering a 3" exhaust to go with my VT330R turbo so I checked the Jamsport (UK) website and they adjusted the pricing for orders to the USA. They are doing 20% off under a European VAT exemption and $56 shipping so I ordered the non-resonated de-cat version which is also the least expensive. It should arrive in a week or two. Total cost was $738 shipped. Pretty competitive pricing with other exhausts. As far as the turn down tip, it doesn't bother me but I'll reserve judgment for when it's actually on the car. If it does bother my then I can always get a v-band flange and get a different tip welded on; I know a few guys who can TIG weld where I work so I don't see it as a huge issue.

I've been considering a 3" exhaust to go with my VT330R turbo so I checked the Jamsport (UK) website and they adjusted the pricing for orders to the USA. They are doing 20% off under a European VAT exemption and $56 shipping so I ordered the non-resonated de-cat version which is also the least expensive. It should arrive in a week or two. Total cost was $738 shipped. Pretty competitive pricing with other exhausts. As far as the turn down tip, it doesn't bother me but I'll reserve judgment for when it's actually on the car. If it does bother my then I can always get a v-band flange and get a different tip welded on; I know a few guys who can TIG weld where I work so I don't see it as a huge issue.
whens the expected arrival date? i'm so close to ordering this exhaust but I would love to hear more sound clips other than the 8 sec cell phone drive by thats posted. I'm telling you, there is something attracting me to this exhaust and I have no idea why lmao. Are you catless?

OP
VirtualRonin

VirtualRonin

Active Military
Thread Starter #24
whens the expected arrival date? i'm so close to ordering this exhaust but I would love to hear more sound clips other than the 8 sec cell phone drive by thats posted. I'm telling you, there is something attracting me to this exhaust and I have no idea why lmao. Are you catless?
7-14 days for shipping. I'm going catless with this exhaust. I ordered a Vudu catless downpipe (new offering) from Whoosh to go with this. This should be quite a difference from my Mountune turbo back that I have now. I do expect there to be more drone but that's the trade-off for a little more performance. Plus my buddy just went catless and after riding in his car I realized it's just more fun to drive with the extra pops and crackles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7-14 days for shipping. I'm going catless with this exhaust. I ordered a Vudu catless downpipe (new offering) from Whoosh to go with this. This should be quite a difference from my Mountune turbo back that I have now. I do expect there to be more drone but that's the trade-off for a little more performance. Plus my buddy just went catless and after riding in his car I realized it's just more fun to drive with the extra pops and crackles.

Coming from catless sr20s, miatas, and (the best) turbo ii rx7, i'm gonna go high flow cat at least when I do decide to swap the DP...but then again I don't have inspection until 2022 so I'm still kind of undecided haha. Definitely post a sound clip once you get it, that few second vid just doesn't do it for me, and there's something attracting me to this exhaust and I don't know why lol

Coming from catless sr20s, miatas, and (the best) turbo ii rx7, i'm gonna go high flow cat at least when I do decide to swap the DP...but then again I don't have inspection until 2022 so I'm still kind of undecided haha. Definitely post a sound clip once you get it, that few second vid just doesn't do it for me

OP
VirtualRonin

VirtualRonin

Active Military
Thread Starter #27
Coming from catless sr20s, miatas, and (the best) turbo ii rx7, i'm gonna go high flow cat at least when I do decide to swap the DP...but then again I don't have inspection until 2022 so I'm still kind of undecided haha. Definitely post a sound clip once you get it, that few second vid just doesn't do it for me, and there's something attracting me to this exhaust and I don't know why lol
Not a problem

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Does Parsons even bother to break out the under car mirrors anymore, like they used to back when Joyzee had a full inspection system, and not just the OBD2 plug-in, and gas cap pressure check? (The last time I went through a Garden State inspection was in 2012, when I was still there, in Union County).

Is that extra tailpipe/tip in the first pic in the initial post a small resonator of some type? [dunno]

(It almost looks like the small, 'can't see how it functions at all as a catcon', catcons that the WRC, and other class rally cars put back there just to comply with the rules mandating a catcon of some sort. LOL)

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account

"A little" being the operative words, here.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account

When you wanna hang it man...let me know ill see if we can use My buddy Craigs hoist...should make things easier! [rockon]

OP
VirtualRonin

VirtualRonin

Active Military
Thread Starter #31
Is that extra tailpipe/tip in the first pic in the initial post a small resonator of some type? [dunno]

(It almost looks like the small, 'can't see how it functions at all as a catcon', catcons that the WRC, and other class rally cars put back there just to comply with the rules mandating a catcon of some sort. LOL)
That's their race cat option. I copied this from the website description

"As the EP system was aimed at track/race cars, we can include an optional sports cat tailpipe, fitted using another V-band connection. Although unlikely to pass an MOT emissions test, it will satisfy trackside officials and can act as an additional silencer for race tracks with lower exhaust DB limits, which will not affect performance."

OP
VirtualRonin

VirtualRonin

Active Military
Thread Starter #32
When you wanna hang it man...let me know ill see if we can use My buddy Craigs hoist...should make things easier! [rockon]
Yeah, a lift is the way to go. I'm getting this shipped to my work and we have lifts we can use after hours so I was going to make arrangements to get installed there. If that doesn't work out for some reason I'll definitely get in touch with you. Thanks [emoji1303]

TDavis

1000 Post Club
I'm guessing they are getting those between shift pops due to cat-less down pipe and maybe a tune?
Most likely in the tune. I'm on Cobb Stage 3 catless and mine burbles and pops but not to that level lol

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
That's their race cat option. I copied this from the website description

"As the EP system was aimed at track/race cars, we can include an optional sports cat tailpipe, fitted using another V-band connection. Although unlikely to pass an MOT emissions test, it will satisfy trackside officials and can act as an additional silencer for race tracks with lower exhaust DB limits, which will not affect performance."

Wow, I was correct on that one (surprisingly).

I'm guessing that it also fulfills any MSA (or whomever is England's sanctioning body now for NATIONAL level rallying) requirements for a catcon on rally cars competing there as well.

OP
VirtualRonin

VirtualRonin

Active Military
Thread Starter #36
OP
VirtualRonin

VirtualRonin

Active Military
Thread Starter #38
The exhaust is due to arrive tomorrow! If all the parts are all present and accounted for then I'll proceed to the install!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
The exhaust is due to arrive tomorrow! If all the parts are all present and accounted for then I'll proceed to the install!

Are you gonna coat it? For corrosion purposes and keep the heat in ?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk