Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Heat shields

DangerMouse

I figured if I could get it on its worth it, if I couldn't oh well but I had to try.

I'm actually getting my intake done in Smith and Wesson red Cerekote, which is a heat resistant gun coating.

Just waiting for the phone call that it's done.

That should help too and look good while doing it.

Quisp

1000 Post Club
I figured if I could get it on its worth it, if I couldn't oh well but I had to try.

I'm actually getting my intake done in Smith and Wesson red Cerekote, which is a heat resistant gun coating.

Just waiting for the phone call that it's done.

That should help too and look good while doing it.
Intake ? You mean exhaust manifold ?

DangerMouse

Is yours aluminum? I was under the impression that cerakote required a bake phase? I dont know much about it.
I have the ramair crossover which I believe is aluminum and the MAP intake which is stainless steel.

Cerakote goes on wet and then it's baked. I'm not sure of the temperature range needed for it to cure.

He did tell me that they can use cerakote on just about anything including plastic interior pieces if I wanted to get crazy.

I have the ramair crossover which I believe is aluminum and the MAP intake which is stainless steel.

Cerakote goes on wet and then it's baked. I'm not sure of the temperature range needed for it to cure.

He did tell me that they can use cerakote on just about anything including plastic interior pieces if I wanted to get crazy.
Oh thats awesome. IF they can do it on plastic then this would be something I may actually look into as it would be much cleaner looking than some kind of wrap. And if it is really good at keeping temps down then its definitely worth it.