Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune Quick Shift Kit not for 2014 FiST???

So today I went to install my Mountune Quick Shift Kit that I've had for a year or so. I had taken everything apart and begin to attempt to extract the pin when I realized that there is no way the extractor fits over the pin. The pin is way too large. I'm not sure if I need to really jam it on or if my pin is actually bigger than it should be. If anyone has insight let me know.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
So today I went to install my Mountune Quick Shift Kit that I've had for a year or so. I had taken everything apart and begin to attempt to extract the pin when I realized that there is no way the extractor fits over the pin. The pin is way too large. I'm not sure if I need to really jam it on or if my pin is actually bigger than it should be. If anyone has insight let me know.
it will fit
you may have some burs on the cut out of the tool
it's a tight fit for a reason, you need to pull that pin. work it back and forth and maybe spray it with some lube until you get it on there

2014 model year is certainly compaitable

Does the notch in the extractor fit the pin on the short-shift adapter? If so, then test if the shifter cable end will fit over the short-shift adapter pin. If what you wrote is true, and the stock pin is too big, then the one on the adapter may be too small for the cable.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Does the notch in the extractor fit the pin on the short-shift adapter? If so, then test if the shifter cable end will fit over the short-shift adapter pin. If what you wrote is true, and the stock pin is too big, then the one on the adapter may be too small for the cable.
I obviously don't know because I'm not there but it's usually nervousness of working on a car
I've installed a few of these Mountune quik shifts now and can say that the tool fits very tight. Again, because of the task you are attempting you want it tight. There are also many owners that don't understand how to use a puller and still break the tool, end up calling Mountune for a replacement. ($11 + shipping lol)

OP
Original J-Pat
Thread Starter #5
Makes sense this is the first time I have ever installed something on my car. I'll lubricate both ends and see what happens. I'll also see if the cable fits over the adapter. Thanks for the help. I'll definitely try not to break the puller.