Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

pumaspeed wheels

Hey Everyone,

New to the forum and own a 2017 Fiesta ST. I'm doing a track day early May and am looking at wheels to put some 200tw tires on so I don't destroy my OEM ones (this car is my DD). I'm not really crazy about anything else I've seen in the 4x108 pattern. I like the OZ ultraleggeras but looking for a 17x7.5 or 17x8 to run 215's. I like the ESM 004 wheels but looks like they are discontinued in 4x108 (and heavy). I came across these wheels from pumaspeed that look great and fit perfect (according to them). I searched around and didn't find anything on these wheels, just turbo threads. How would these offsets do with 215's? Has anyone tried them out? How long would it take to ship to GA? I know they are a bit heavy, but they look fantastic and fit well. Just seeing if anyone had feedback on shipping/quality.

Here is the description of the wheels, Pumaspeed Fiesta ST180 TrackLite Alloy Wheels 17x7.5J 4x108 et35 - Ford Fiesta Mk.6 Zetec-S.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hey Everyone,

New to the forum and own a 2017 Fiesta ST. I'm doing a track day early May and am looking at wheels to put some 200tw tires on so I don't destroy my OEM ones (this car is my DD). I'm not really crazy about anything else I've seen in the 4x108 pattern. I like the OZ ultraleggeras but looking for a 17x7.5 or 17x8 to run 215's. I like the ESM 004 wheels but looks like they are discontinued in 4x108 (and heavy). I came across these wheels from pumaspeed that look great and fit perfect (according to them). I searched around and didn't find anything on these wheels, just turbo threads. How would these offsets do with 215's? Has anyone tried them out? How long would it take to ship to GA? I know they are a bit heavy, but they look fantastic and fit well. Just seeing if anyone had feedback on shipping/quality.

Here is the description of the wheels, Pumaspeed Fiesta ST180 TrackLite Alloy Wheels 17x7.5J 4x108 et35 - Ford Fiesta Mk.6 Zetec-S.
It be better if you had a picture....

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Woods247

2000 Post Club
They appear to be Rays Gram Lights. I didn't know they made them in our bolt pattern. Cool wheels.

If you want something less expensive, lighter and local you could go with Sparco Assetto Gara from TireRack and pair them with Falken RT615+ for track. I run 215/40-17 RT615+ on my 17x7 et42 OZ Leggenda on track and really like them. The tires are just over $500 picked up at the TireRack Doraville distribution center.

OP
D
Thread Starter #4
They appear to be Rays Gram Lights. I didn't know they made them in our bolt pattern. Cool wheels.

If you want something less expensive, lighter and local you could go with Sparco Assetto Gara from TireRack and pair them with Falken RT615+ for track. I run 215/40-17 RT615+ on my 17x7 et42 OZ Leggenda on track and really like them. The tires are just over $500 picked up at the TireRack Doraville distribution center.
Here's a link to the site. I didn't know if it was against forum policy to post links or not. Please delete if there is any issue.

http://www.pumaspeed.co.uk/product-...lloy-Wheels-17x75J-4x108-et35_17160.jsp&pic=5

Holy crap! I didn't even notice that when looking at the pictures. I actually had those wheels on a 2013 STI and LOVED them. The weird part is my 18x9.5 et40 sti wheels were 20lbs, and these are 9 kg which is around 18lbs. I wonder if they really are produced by rays for pumaspeed or if they are a knockoff. At the weight they list I would assume a rep.

Thanks for the recommendation, I didn't realize tirerack had a center in Doraville. I'll just start picking them up from there, it's only 15 min from my house. Unfortunately I'm not crazy about the look of those sparcos, but we really don't have a lot of options in 4x108. I'm lowered on swift springs and koni yellow shocks with -1.7 deg camber all around, anyone know how well 215/40/17s will fit on these 7.5x17 et 35? I know it will be more flush, and I assume with et35 I won't have shock clearance issues but I'm worried about fender clearance. I know a lot of people run 225s on 17x8 et40 so I assume it will be a similar fitment.

Thanks,

Ryan

Woods247

2000 Post Club
I think you'll be fine. Maybe someone else is running what you're looking for and will chime in.

FWIW, I have -1.6 camber in the front (maybe a little more in the rear with my ghetto washer setup) and 12mm spacers (for BBK clearance), so my effective ET is 30 on 17x7 ET42 rims. I have no issues with rub front or rear except in turn 11 at AMP. If you're familiar with that turn, I get a tiny bit of rear rub when I bottom out and hit the inside rumbles. If I didn't have the rear camber RT615K+ 215s would likely rub a little more, but that is the only place I have experienced it. I'm on BC coilovers with Swift springs but my ride height is about the same, or a little lower than where it sat with Swift Spec R on OEM struts.

OP
D
Thread Starter #6
I think you'll be fine. Maybe someone else is running what you're looking for and will chime in.

FWIW, I have -1.6 camber in the front (maybe a little more in the rear with my ghetto washer setup) and 12mm spacers (for BBK clearance), so my effective ET is 30 on 17x7 ET42 rims. I have no issues with rub front or rear except in turn 11 at AMP. If you're familiar with that turn, I get a tiny bit of rear rub when I bottom out and hit the inside rumbles. If I didn't have the rear camber RT615K+ 215s would likely rub a little more, but that is the only place I have experienced it. I'm on BC coilovers with Swift springs but my ride height is about the same, or a little lower than where it sat with Swift Spec R on OEM struts.
Wow awesome, thanks for the feedback! I have done many track days at AMP and love it, just turn 16 still makes me nervous haha. What I normally drive at AMP is RWD so I'm sure it's a different experience with the Fiesta. I think I'm gonna order those wheels, love the look. I know they aren't super light like other options but are half the price of OZs and I actually like the look. One day I'll get the balls to convert my hubs to 4x100, but considering the car only has 7k miles I just can't bring myself to do it.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
16 is definitely not as sketchy in FWD or AWD. My Subaru stayed floored through that turn but I’m a little more cautious in the Fiesta. It’s such a light car so the bump feels exaggerated.

I thought about the 4x100 conversion too but deemed it unnecessary since I dig the old school OZs. I have a ridiculously large StopTech front brake kit too that’s proving to be a pain in the ass for wheel fitment. I don’t worry about brakes anymore though haha!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Here's a link to the site. I didn't know if it was against forum policy to post links or not. Please delete if there is any issue.

http://www.pumaspeed.co.uk/product-...lloy-Wheels-17x75J-4x108-et35_17160.jsp&pic=5

Holy crap! I didn't even notice that when looking at the pictures. I actually had those wheels on a 2013 STI and LOVED them. The weird part is my 18x9.5 et40 sti wheels were 20lbs, and these are 9 kg which is around 18lbs. I wonder if they really are produced by rays for pumaspeed or if they are a knockoff. At the weight they list I would assume a rep.

Thanks for the recommendation, I didn't realize tirerack had a center in Doraville. I'll just start picking them up from there, it's only 15 min from my house. Unfortunately I'm not crazy about the look of those sparcos, but we really don't have a lot of options in 4x108. I'm lowered on swift springs and koni yellow shocks with -1.7 deg camber all around, anyone know how well 215/40/17s will fit on these 7.5x17 et 35? I know it will be more flush, and I assume with et35 I won't have shock clearance issues but I'm worried about fender clearance. I know a lot of people run 225s on 17x8 et40 so I assume it will be a similar fitment.

Thanks,

Ryan
Am I reading that price correctly as being almost $615.00 per SINGLE wheel shipped [ohcrap] to U.S., or is that $573.00 price for FOUR wheels (plus the $174.00 for their shipping)??

A7xogg

Am I reading that price correctly as being almost $615.00 per SINGLE wheel shipped [ohcrap] to U.S., or is that $573.00 price for FOUR wheels (plus the $174.00 for their shipping)??
I'm pretty sure that's for 4, I added 4 tires and it's an extra 308 for the kumho tires which I can find for round 70-90 a tire

A7xogg

I'm pretty sure that's for 4, I added 4 tires and it's an extra 308 for the kumho tires which I can find for round 70-90 a tire

OP
D
Thread Starter #12
Yeah thats for all 4. I can almost guarantee they are not forged Rays wheels for that price, and at around 19lbs.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yeah thats for all 4. I can almost guarantee they are not forged Rays wheels for that price, and at around 19lbs.
The 'real deal'/authentic Rays/Volk wheels I could see being that much per single wheel, or more, but then yes, they are both lighter AND stronger for that coin. :(

The 'real deal'/authentic Rays/Volk wheels I could see being that much per single wheel, or more, but then yes, they are both lighter AND stronger for that coin. :(
I had a set of rays wheels on one of my Subarus. IIRC, they were about $450 each. Pricey, but they appeared to be very well made.

I've ordered from pumaspeed before and noticed that whatever formula they use for the currency exchange rate doesn't seem super accurate. In my case my actual cost ended up being slightly more than their USD prices show on their website, then I got hit with the foreign transaction fee on my card as well.

The wheels you are looking at might end up costing you closer to $800 by the time they make it to your door in the US. Just something to keep in mind.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I had a set of rays wheels on one of my Subarus. IIRC, they were about $450 each. Pricey, but they appeared to be very well made.

I've ordered from pumaspeed before and noticed that whatever formula they use for the currency exchange rate doesn't seem super accurate. In my case my actual cost ended up being slightly more than their USD prices show on their website, then I got hit with the foreign transaction fee on my card as well.

The wheels you are looking at might end up costing you closer to $800 by the time they make it to your door in the US. Just something to keep in mind.
Yeah, I paid less than that SHIPPED for my Pro Race 1.2s in 17x8! [crazyeye]

OP
D
Thread Starter #16
Yeah I've actually been thinking about these wheels, and while I REALLY like the look of them I'm actually gravitating back to the oz ultraleggeras. I like that they are super light. Still mulling it over.