Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2018 Special Order

I special ordered a 2018 Fiesta ST a few days ago. I have 20-30 local dealers and it seemed like nobody had a lot of stock in any fiesta line. One Dealer had 200 focus's in stock but on 7 Fiesta's 2 of which were ST's. So I ordered one exactly how I wanted it for $19,200. The only disappointment was that I couldn't get the red calipers with the rado grey rims. Mine is your Basic Magnetic Grey ST with zero options. I liked the look standard black cloth seats better than the recaros so I went a minimal as possible. When it comes in I'll get the windows tinted and probably paint the calipers with G2.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
You will want the Recaros.....Trust me...They are more comfortable on long rides than you think. I give it one year and you'll be scouring the forums for a pair.

OP
J
Thread Starter #3
You will want the Recaros.....Trust me...They are more comfortable on long rides than you think. I give it one year and you'll be scouring the forums for a pair.
I have a DXRacer Chair that I Love for my desk. I have no doubt they are super comfy but those color choices were not appealing. Wish it was Black on Black or a Darker grey that matched the car

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I have a DXRacer Chair that I Love for my desk. I have no doubt they are super comfy but those color choices were not appealing. Wish it was Black on Black or a Darker grey that matched the car
What are the choice these days anyways?....Mine are the grey and almost black pleather.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
J
Thread Starter #5
What are the choice these days anyways?....Mine are the grey and almost black pleather.

Its orange and black or grey smoke and black. I think the grey is too light of a shade to fit my vision for the car. It would be awesome if I had the same seat color choices ad the Focus ST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Its orange and black or grey smoke and black. I think the grey is too light of a shade to fit my vision for the car. It would be awesome if I had the same seat color choices ad the Focus ST
Well there are usually a pair of seats floating around here from time to time if you ever feel froggy!

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Well there are usually a pair of seats floating around here from time to time if you ever feel froggy!

Lol the seats are the same color options they have always been and the smoke storm seat color is great in my opinion its why I ordered them for my 2018 Orange Spice

OP
J
Thread Starter #8
Lol the seats are the same color options they have always been and the smoke storm seat color is great in my opinion its why I ordered them for my 2018 Orange Spice
No Doubt they are the same as they have always been, just too light of a grey for my tastes. I would prefer a color closer to Magnetic that's why I went with Black cloth

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Thanks, I see that you have the sport cloth seats, How do you like them? I think they look better but dont know about long term comfort
I have the cloth seats, they are fine. I'm 5 7 and 200 plus pounds, weightlifting. The Recaro seats would not fit my back.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thanks, I see that you have the sport cloth seats, How do you like them? I think they look better but dont know about long term comfort
The car I test drove had the Recaros. I was OK in them, but they felt too "committed" to me, and a little high. They were a little harder to get out of. I also just don't like leather anything. I've been on quite a few multi-hour trips with the base seats and I was fine. I just adjusted the lumbar and the wheel to my liking, and all's well. 6' 1", 175 lbs.

Plainrt

1000 Post Club

I wouldn't go that far to say that. They are meant for smaller people. I'm 6 ft 200ish and I don't like how they feel. Base seats aren't that bad and I'm sure will hold up better long term.

OP
J
Thread Starter #16
I have the cloth seats, they are fine. I'm 5 7 and 200 plus pounds, weightlifting. The Recaro seats would not fit my back.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
I am 5"8 210 and just fat so I imagine they wont fit me very well.

I am 5"8 210 and just fat so I imagine they wont fit me very well.
I’m 6’, 250ish, they fit. Though stiff when new, they loosen up after applying my tonnage to them. Now, they fit me perfect, sorry if the next guy is “normal”..

Sent from my iPhone using Glue and macaroni

My dealership has a test track. I originally thought I wanted the cloth due to more comfort over the Recaros but a drive on the test track changed my mind real quick. I was all over the place. The only downside is that the Recaros make my seats in my G8 feel like crap when taking corners.