Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

OEM 2015 Evap line installation on 2016+

redmoe

Hi all

I made a DIY video detailing the part and installation to convert a 2016+ FiST to the 2014-2015 Evap lines. This allows for the use of any intake without bypass/check valve adapters. Sorry in advance I haven’t made many videos lol.

https://youtu.be/Gcr8L5y4PhY

One last tip: when installing the ford connector on a aftermarket intake tube it helps to completely remove the green clip. Then you can fully seat the connector. Then pop the clip back on.

Hi all

I made a DIY video detailing the part and installation to convert a 2016+ FiST to the 2014-2015 Evap lines. This allows for the use of any intake without bypass/check valve adapters. Sorry in advance I haven’t made many videos lol.

https://youtu.be/Gcr8L5y4PhY

One last tip: when installing the ford connector on a aftermarket intake tube it helps to completely remove the green clip. Then you can fully seat the connector. Then pop the clip back on.
I could’ve used this about 3 weeks ago but I went ahead and got a 2016 injen intake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
I got the Whoosh thing. It blocks off one of the plugs. The clips don't stay on and I don't trust it. If Ford changed it, they had a reason.

Should have done this. I'm keeping it stock now.

Anybody want to buy a never-used Whoosh adapter?

OP
R

redmoe

Thread Starter #5
The Injen SRI is nice. Funny enough I just returned one today. I found that it didn’t flow any better (possibly a little worse) than my modified stock lower box. However it does seem to flow better than the stock unmodified box. Based on air flow and vdyno results.

OP
R

redmoe

Thread Starter #6
I believe the most likely reason they changed the Evap line configuration (moving the venturi from the lines to the intake tube) was for modularity and cost. The 2015 part can be had for $61 with free shipping so it is a pretty low cost oem solution.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
I got the Whoosh thing. It blocks off one of the plugs. The clips don't stay on and I don't trust it. If Ford changed it, they had a reason.

Should have done this. I'm keeping it stock now.

Anybody want to buy a never-used Whoosh adapter?
Hi Ron@whoosh here
the evap kit we offer is an alternative to this. Not once was it ever mentioned a better solution to swapping the Ford earlier evap harness
you mention clips not staying intact, they are Dorman quick connectors. Did you install them or not since you mention there are trust issues with the kit yet also advertise the kit is new?
If you want to return the kit, I'll gladly work with you to resolve any issues you have rather than post negativity before EVER contacting me about your concerns.

Thanks!
-Ron

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hi Ron@whoosh here
the evap kit we offer is an alternative to this. Not once was it ever mentioned a better solution to swapping the Ford earlier evap harness
you mention clips not staying intact, they are Dorman quick connectors. Did you install them or not since you mention there are trust issues with the kit yet also advertise the kit is new?
If you want to return the kit, I'll gladly work with you to resolve any issues you have rather than post negativity before EVER contacting me about your concerns.

Thanks!
-Ron
Sorry. No, I never installed it. I just test fit the clip to the mountune intake and didn't like it. It just doesn't want to go on and stay on. I'm not going to carve on the silicone to make it fit. I'll just send it back and go for the more expensive solution with the OEM part.

OP
R

redmoe

Thread Starter #9
Quick update no codes or running issues. The combo of my modified air box (cut out bottom and 2 inch hole on drivers side), green filter, Whoosh intake pipe and the 2015 oem Evap lines is awesome. It nearly has the same level of turbo sounds as a SRI, cooler intake charge and strong throttle response. Best of all it only cost $170 for everything. Next step will be a crossover pipe from Ron.

DangerMouse

Thanks for the video. I am changing my intake setup and have the 2015 ford part but have been slacking on changing it out. We'll today I was hit with the check engine light after 7,000 miles on an intake "fix".

LILIKE16ST

This is what I got for my 16. I'm running the 14-15 cpe intake and this oem part. It will allow the system to function as intended and there will never be a check engine light like everyone seems to get with all the "fixes" that are like 45 bucks and I got this for 66 shipped from tasca. It's well worth the extra 20 bucks just to ensure you won't get a check engine light down the road let alone being able to know that your evap system works as intended. Thanks for the video I'm gonna be slapping my cpe on this weekend I been patiently waiting for nice weather in VA and the little bit of good weather we've had so far was used installing springs and other things. This is by far the better option imo. After 2 years on this forum reading everyone's troubles with the "fixes" on 2016 and up cars I decided to do it the right way the first time and learn from their mistakes.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Question: It looks like the connector that goes in front of the engine is the type you squeeze from the top and bottom, then pull out. Do I have it right? I don't want to break it.

OP
R

redmoe

Thread Starter #13
Correct the connection near the intake manifold is the squeeze type.

OP
R

redmoe

Thread Starter #15
I have it shown in the beginning of the video. I will have to play it back real quick to write it down.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Got it done today. Thanks to redmoe, I wasn't going in blind, and I only bled a little. [cheerleader]

LILIKE16ST

I am planning to do this soon I just have not had time with work and other things going on. Rest assured if weather is nice this weekend I'm diving in. I gotta throw this on along with my fswerks short shift and whoosh symposer delete while my stock intake is off the car I figure this would be the best time to do these things and then I can install the cpe :)