Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Euro ST180 FMIC on USDM?

Sekred

1000 Post Club
And the problem with all this debate, tube & fin verse bar & plate is there is (generally) no info on efficiency like temp and pressure drops compared to a OEM IC so how do you really know what you are getting. One third gear pull to the redline proves very little in reality to me anyway.
Out of interest the OEM IC looks to be a square type tube and fin.

I'm just interested in the 1-4 gear pull temp stability for a 13-14 second burst with plenty of cooldown time between runs. I don't track the car other than on the dragstrip. The 50 degree charge temperature increase sucks. I dont mind a little extra weight up front, it may even help a touch in the 60ft.

Talk about getting riled up. Lol get over yourself. Ya the intercoolers may not add 20lbs... but see there used to be a time on this forum before you were a member where people trying to shave weight off their cars was respected.
Now as to your comment about wheels ya the stock wheels do weigh a lot and fact is I do plan on replacing them with ligter wheels as well Something else that is or used to be respected on this forum.

Congratulations your attitude is exactly the kind of attitude that destroys quality on car forums.
You don’t know me, you don’t know my experience with cars you might know some of it if you bothered reading a little.
I suggest you pause before putting people on blast.
My attitude? Sir, my attitude is the same in real life as it is on the forum. Im blunt and i say it the way it is. I dont sugar coat things to spare feelings. I also very quickly sniff out fakes online and expose them like i did to damnfastdd on the Dart forum.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
My attitude? Sir, my attitude is the same in real life as it is on the forum. Im blunt and i say it the way it is. I dont sugar coat things to spare feelings. I also very quickly sniff out fakes online and expose them like i did to damnfastdd on the Dart forum.
So you are kind of rude in person? Lol nothing bad about calling it as you see it. I am that way as well. Except I have learned to do it nicely.
Thing is this if I want to lighten my car for track days then I think about all this stuff. Nothing fake about that. Putting lighter wheels on nothing fake about that. Giving out valualbe information about intercoolers nothing fake about that.

You are are a relative newcomer here, might help to try and learn about yuur car and contribute useful information in the process.

I should add You seem to assume a lot. Perhaps you shouldn’t.

So you are kind of rude in person? Lol nothing bad about calling it as you see it. I am that way as well. Except I have learned to do it nicely.
Thing is this if I want to lighten my car for track days then I think about all this stuff. Nothing fake about that. Putting lighter wheels on nothing fake about that. Giving out valualbe information about intercoolers nothing fake about that.

You are are a relative newcomer here, might help to try and learn about yuur car and contribute useful information in the process.

I should add You seem to assume a lot. Perhaps you shouldn’t.
Being new doesnt make me inexperienced.

Also you are assuming that i was implying you are fake.
Not my intention. I just meant that in conversations i can find fake information quickly.

I joined several fiesta forums for information. Hence why im here. The tuner i trust doesnt know much about the fiesta platform hence the research.

Nothing wrong with lightening a car. I do the same with my cars when i get them. I have removed several parts already.

The material under the hood
The tonnue cover in the hatch
The hard material that covers the spare tire
The engine cover
The heavy 22lbs wheels were already taken off when i got it so....

I was going to remove carpet in trunk.. But it lacks that and not much in sound deadening back their either.

Also how would i contribute information when i have only had the car for 3 weeks?

Oil change
Brakes
Air flilter
gas is all i have had to do thus far.

Hell i dont even know which spark plugs to get yet.

Im still debating on the exhaust i want.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Being new doesnt make me inexperienced.

Also you are assuming that i was implying you are fake.
Not my intention. I just meant that in conversations i can find fake information quickly.

I joined several fiesta forums for information. Hence why im here. The tuner i trust doesnt know much about the fiesta platform hence the research.

Nothing wrong with lightening a car. I do the same with my cars when i get them. I have removed several parts already.

The material under the hood
The tonnue cover in the hatch
The hard material that covers the spare tire
The engine cover
The heavy 22lbs wheels were already taken off when i got it so....

I was going to remove carpet in trunk.. But it lacks that and not much in sound deadening back their either.

Also how would i contribute information when i have only had the car for 3 weeks?

Oil change
Brakes
Air flilter
gas is all i have had to do thus far.

Hell i dont even know which spark plugs to get yet.

Im still debating on the exhaust i want.
Excuse me for coming off harsh on you. Sometimes its hard to tell where things are being directed when they are stated on the net.
I do agree being new does not always mean inexperienced. I did assume you were some kid spouting off.

Fact is is most Bar and Plate intercoolers are heavy especially the Garrett core ones.

You came out of the gate going off about it not being important and then used the stock wheels as an example of heavy as well. Which is something that is well known on the forum with lots of discussion about wheels out there that are significantly lighter than stock.

You also made a somewhat put down comment about peole trying to make their cars Pro Rally machines all of this after qouting me. That is pretty much what got us off on the wrong foot.

That kinda pointed a finger at me and put you in a position for a comment back. Whether you meant to or not.
Hence my reaction. Which like I said may of come off harsh.

Oh and ya I am calling it as it came off. Perhaps you did not intend it that way.

Got mine today and installed it tonight in about two hours. Jad to do a little trimming on the lower air dam cover but fit great. From a low speed 3rd gear (30-40mph) into 5th around 110, temps only rose about 20 degrees. Very pleased. Previously it would rise about 60 degrees or more in the same duration. My car is a 2016 and had a factory black intercooler, can't even tell anyrhing was changed.

received_10204342809126329.jpeg

OP
C
Thread Starter #51
Got mine today and installed it tonight in about two hours. Jad to do a little trimming on the lower air dam cover but fit great. From a low speed 3rd gear (30-40mph) into 5th around 110, temps only rose about 20 degrees. Very pleased. Previously it would rise about 60 degrees or more in the same duration. My car is a 2016 and had a factory black intercooler, can't even tell anyrhing was changed.

View attachment 17574
Looking good 'n stealth just as mine is :) I've noticed the same improvements in tempatures and couldn't be happier for what was paid!

Dpro

6000 Post Club
View attachment 17582

Garbage, doesn't wok, not worth the money [woot]
Ah I don’t think anyone said that. It is indeed a bargain. It was just pointed out there are possibly superior items available. Its the old you pay for what you get thing.

You wanted something that was better than stock and and fit your budget. Thats great congrats, though you do not need to try and stir shit up with hyperbolic statements like “Garbage' doesn’t work, not worth the money! Lol

I wasn't worried about a gain. These three pulls were done all within 2 minutes during a local shop's dyno day. Ambient temps around 50-55 degrees. If it's any insight, a 4th gear pull on the highway on the way there from 2500 to redline saw a gain in temp of 6 degrees.

Since the previous time I've had it on that dyno, overall power has increased by 8 numbers in both hp/tq. That could be due to the drop in Cobb filter am swap to a borla muffler from the stock one. This dyno was also on a dyno day at the same place, similar ambient temps and similar duration from first to last pull. You can see it losing power each subsequent pull with the factory intercoolee.

FB_IMG_1524967928567.jpg

There is no denying the effectiveness of the intercooler.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
That's taking me a bit too seriously.....

But yes, there's clearly superior products out there that cost more, etc.

I'll be sure to post some results from when I go to the track as well.

Here's the datalogs from all three runs for those wanting to look at more numbers.
https://datazap.me/u/beanstune/dyno-pul-42818
Cool sorry about that. Lol Though ya post that stuff its great to see info about these things as people can make better decisions based off it. [like]