Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Euro ST180 FMIC on USDM?

I've found a company from the UK that makes ST180 parts such as FMIC, Hoses, etc. Their FMIC looks almost identical to the mountune and is only $140 USD (+$60 Shipping). Curious if it would fit the same on my 2017 Fiesta ST (US model)?

Pics:

I've found a company from the UK that makes ST180 parts such as FMIC, Hoses, etc. Their FMIC looks almost identical to the mountune and is only $140 USD (+$60 Shipping). Curious if it would fit the same on my 2017 Fiesta ST (US model)?

Pics:

While it looks similar don't think this is the same as mountune, the opening looks too small

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

OP
C
Thread Starter #3
The listing states:

Fully TIG welded with handmade endtanks
Please note fitting instructions are NOT included
Brand new
Supplied complete as shown
We recommend all intercoolers are fitted by a qualified mechanic to ensure the correct fitment

Fits:
Ford Fiesta MK7 ST180 1.6 Ecoboost 2013+ models
Please note intercooler is a direct fit but you may have to modify the front plastic under tray or remove it from the car as the intercooler core is quite large.

The listing states:

Fully TIG welded with handmade endtanks
Please note fitting instructions are NOT included
Brand new
Supplied complete as shown
We recommend all intercoolers are fitted by a qualified mechanic to ensure the correct fitment

Fits:
Ford Fiesta MK7 ST180 1.6 Ecoboost 2013+ models
Please note intercooler is a direct fit but you may have to modify the front plastic under tray or remove it from the car as the intercooler core is quite large.
While it might fit FiST's like they state it's not a mountune FMIC look at the top and bottom of the tank. mountune's intercooler is tube and fin style, the pictures you posted looks like bar and plate. Bar and plate doesn't let as much air through to the radiator and the intercooler blocks part of the radiator dues to the compact packagimg.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

OP
C
Thread Starter #5
Yea I know it's not a mountune, as I stated it looks almost identical to mountunes not that it is by them. I just really want to know if it would fit the USDM model Fiesta ST (as far as I'm aware the only differences being the reinforced bumpers bars in the US vs the UK's projectors headlights and right hand drive?)

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Bar and plate is IMO Superior it doesn't get heat soaked as fast......And is must more durable than tube and fin. [wrenchin] ask those that have BAR AND PLATE. I'm sure they will chime in....

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Buy that shit...Whats $250 in the performance realm? its a drop in the bucket in mod world my friend.....Be the test baby! [raceflag]

I have bought a few parts from pumaspeed for the ST180 Fiesta and I have absolutely no issues... +1 Pumaspeed, if the currency fluxuations you can time right. Sometimes a steal, other times might be a bit more vs. comparable parts stateside. DHL shipping btw. Uber quick!

That's where I bought the R-Sport CrossOver, Milltek decat + cbe, Silicone Exhaust Mount Set and few other items..

OP
C
Thread Starter #12
Well it arrived today, very good packaging (looks like it was dropped in the middle but very very minimal dent (doesn't affect performance in anyway) and as a bonus it only took 3 days to get here from the UK! :)

IMG_20180414_133344.jpg

IMG_20180414_153052.jpg

*Edit: Had to remove the middle, lower bumper "skin" or undertray middle connector piece

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Bar and plate is IMO Superior it doesn't get heat soaked as fast......And is must more durable than tube and fin. [wrenchin] ask those that have BAR AND PLATE. I'm sure they will chime in....
This is a debatable situation. While Bar and plate do not heat soak as fast once they do they take a lot lomger to cool down. I have owned both on other cars including a Skyline (RB25DET) powered 240sx . I still prefer a proper Tube and fin intercooler to bar and plate from shear design they are supior IMO.

It is very interesting that PumaSpeed now sells a stage 3 Tube and fin intercooler that they feel is superior to the older Garrett core they sell. Which they also recommend for any of their Turbo upgrades.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Well it arrived today, very good packaging (looks like it was dropped in the middle but very very minimal dent (doesn't affect performance in anyway) and as a bonus it only took 3 days to get here from the UK! :)

View attachment 17519

View attachment 17518

*Edit: Had to remove the middle, lower bumper "skin" or undertray middle connector piece
Noice* how much total was it? Shipping and all?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
C
Thread Starter #17
Wow! Awesome price....

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
It's the best priced fmic I could find period, and Nevlock Performance has some outstanding reviews for all kinds of work they do, mostly high performance engine work.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

It's the best priced fmic I could find period, and Nevlock Performance has some outstanding reviews for all kinds of work they do, mostly high performance engine work.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
what are the dimensions of the IC?