Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What is the current state of turbo upgrades available - Spring 2018

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Can anyone update one or more of the old sticky's regarding turbo upgrades when the scene has changed so much? No DHM, Adam/Tune+ doesn't do x-37 anymore, all kinds of new, bigger stuff w/slower spool, etc.. So, I'm kind of lost looking for a small, wide powerband turbo upgrade, where I can do just a minimum of cost/other bolt on's to hit even 230-240whp, where can I start?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I'd really like to see web site info to research, what can you tell me about them in a nut shell? I see they have x-37/x-47 kits, but sold out...
Go to pumaspeed....they are located in the UK....even call up Alex @Stratified....there are alot of virtual Dynos here on the Forum...First thing I'd do is plan out your goals....budget and the start amassing new or used parts from the forum....Hispirish may still have his forsale...pm him....you will definitely need an intercooler though to keep the heat down....then there are additional side mods....Downpipes....Exhaust etc which all complement the Turbo and can make it more efficient. I've read so much about my purchase...that I just need time to install it and tune everything....and I have quite the pile O parts in totes in my basement. I'll be doing a specific overall write up as not alot have been done on my setup and it's got some tasty unique machin ed and polished pieces that I'm curious to see how they do...and so are others.....it's all coming....soon enough.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
Go to pumaspeed....they are located in the UK....even call up Alex @Stratified....there are alot of virtual Dynos here on the Forum...First thing I'd do is plan out your goals....budget and the start amassing new or used parts from the forum....Hispirish may still have his forsale...pm him....you will definitely need an intercooler though to keep the heat down....then there are additional side mods....Downpipes....Exhaust etc which all complement the Turbo and can make it more efficient. I've read so much about my purchase...that I just need time to install it and tune everything....and I have quite the pile O parts in totes in my basement. I'll be doing a specific overall write up as not alot have been done on my setup and it's got some tasty unique machin ed and polished pieces that I'm curious to see how they do...and so are others.....it's all coming....soon enough.
So, our USDM is their ST180? Is the tuning different across the pond where I get the hardware from Pumaspeed and use a US based tuner? Looks like they don't do an x-37 in a full kit anymore, looks like it's a separate item, but I do like that power curve!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
So, our USDM is their ST180? Is the tuning different across the pond where I get the hardware from Pumaspeed and use a US based tuner? Looks like they don't do an x-37 in a full kit anymore, looks like it's a separate item, but I do like that power curve!
There are alot of tuners stateside who can do that for you.

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
There are alot of tuners stateside who can do that for you.
As in just call and ask if they can do a full x37 deal for me, supply everything, or piece everything together and then pick Stratified, Mountune, Tune+ or the like for as custom tune? I just really like how there is zero loss at all at very low speeds with the x37 and definitely only care about maybe 260bhp, nothing crazy.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
As in just call and ask if they can do a full x37 deal for me, supply everything, or piece everything together and then pick Stratified, Mountune, Tune+ or the like for as custom tune? I just really like how there is zero loss at all at very low speeds with the x37 and definitely only care about maybe 260bhp, nothing crazy.
If it was me ...if source almost everything second hand and not pay Retail....I'd jump all over Hispirish's x37....then buy a Whoosh intercooler.....whoosh Dp catted or non catted...just talk to Ron @ whoosh...great guy...one of the best vendors on the Forum....maybe exhaust....then talk to Stratified....they are on a back log for tuning....mountune....Pumaspeed...Adam@tune+.

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #9
If it was me ...if source almost everything second hand and not pay Retail....I'd jump all over Hispirish's x37....then buy a Whoosh intercooler.....whoosh Dp catted or non catted...just talk to Ron @ whoosh...great guy...one of the best vendors on the Forum....maybe exhaust....then talk to Stratified....they are on a back log for tuning....mountune....Pumaspeed...Adam@tune+.
Sold, unfortunately, but definitely gives me an idea of exactly what to look for... a used x37, the great value Whoosh bolt-ons, then just find an available tuner... Thanks buddy!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Sold, unfortunately, but definitely gives me an idea of exactly what to look for... a used x37, the great value Whoosh bolt-ons, then just find an available tuner... Thanks buddy!
Ya meng

A7xogg

Whoosh just added like 4 different turbo options to his website. Revo s242:turbo300+whp depends on fuel system, aet voodoo turbo, 300+whp, Perrin gtx2876 (I think), 350+who with fuel system upgrade, and another one I can't recall of the top of my head. There are alot more options than just pumaspeed x-series turbos

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #12
Whoosh just added like 4 different turbo options to his website. Revo s242:turbo300+whp depends on fuel system, aet voodoo turbo, 300+whp, Perrin gtx2876 (I think), 350+who with fuel system upgrade, and another one I can't recall of the top of my head. There are alot more options than just pumaspeed x-series turbos
Sorry, I should have said I'm not interested in anything that spools even a little slower than stock, if that can be helped, that's what I meant in my very first post. I don't want a big turbo, just a hybrid for a wider powerband... ya, ALL turbo's will be fuel limited at 300HP, and I'm honestly only looking for ~260... so maybe the Revo with less aggressive bolt-ons and regular pump gas.

slopoke

Sorry, I should have said I'm not interested in anything that spools even a little slower than stock, if that can be helped, that's what I meant in my very first post. I don't want a big turbo, just a hybrid for a wider powerband... ya, ALL turbo's will be fuel limited at 300HP, and I'm honestly only looking for ~260... so maybe the Revo with less aggressive bolt-ons and regular pump gas.
I'm going with the Revo turbo setup. Just waiting on Whoosh to get their next shipment of turbos in and for his catted downpipes to come in.

Quisp

1000 Post Club
I'm just finishing up an X47 tune with Adam. He's quick with updates and I'm thoroughly pleased with the results. Just buy X37 from Pumaspeed get an fmic and turbosmart wg actuator.

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #15
I'm going with the Revo turbo setup. Just waiting on Whoosh to get their next shipment of turbos in and for his catted downpipes to come in.
I'm just finishing up an X47 tune with Adam. He's quick with updates and I'm thoroughly pleased with the results. Just buy X37 from Pumaspeed get an fmic and turbosmart wg actuator.
These are all good ideas, thanks for the input guys and good luck!

DaveG99

Get the x47 instead of the x37. The spool is the same and it delivers more power. I drove an x47r fiesta and the spool feels like stock but with much more on the top end.

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #17
Get the x47 instead of the x37. The spool is the same and it delivers more power. I drove an x47r fiesta and the spool feels like stock but with much more on the top end.
Right on, I was looking at the power curves and I probably looked into the very slight difference a little too much. I just don't want to get into hitting a wall needing extra fuelling, etc. But I can always ask for a slightly more conservative tune as well.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Ford Community Posts