Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Belly Cover missing?

So I've been wondering since I got the FiST whether or not its supposed to have a "belly cover". My FoST had one, but then again it also had AGS, which the FiST does not. Did the techs at the dealership decide I didn't need one and tossed it for weight savings on my behalf? Did the previous owner tear it off on a protruding manhole cover? Part of me doesn't want one anyway, since it was always a pain when doing oil changes on the FoST.

If they are supposed to have one that would be news to me, mine certainly doesnt.

OP
E
Thread Starter #4
Thanks. I didn't think so but I thought I'd check. As I mentioned, I suspect the biggest reason for the belly cover was to aid in the function that AGS performs. Not to protect your engine as most people assume. Since the FiST doesn't have AGS (and its an economy car) no belly cover.

Theyre pretty advantageous for cooling. Wonder why Ford chose to skimp out?

Well it actually serves multiple purposes, and yes protecting the engine bay from splashing is one of them. Cooling can be greatly affected by pressure differential across the radiator, and an undertray would certainly help to promote that.

TX summer problems..

OP
E
Thread Starter #8
Well it actually serves multiple purposes, and yes protecting the engine bay from splashing is one of them. Cooling can be greatly affected by pressure differential across the radiator, and an undertray would certainly help to promote that.

TX summer problems..
I'm sure it makes a big difference. Glad you brought up the pressure differential. I was thinking along the same lines. The Venturi principle that is so effective with flat underbody cars for achieving downforce would also apply here, serving to pull the air from the back of the engine bay, thereby increasing the flow of air through the intercooler, radiator, A/C condenser, etc.

There was both an aftermarket plastic and sheet metal belly cover available for the FoST. The latter had a handy door for accessing both the oil filter and pan. Guess I'll start googling to see if something like that is out there for the FiST. If not, maybe I'll start drawing something up.

I think the skid plate dude makes something for our cars, but it would still need a lot of shrouding to be effective

I think the skid plate dude makes something for our cars, but it would still need a lot of shrouding to be effective
I’ve got one from him, only flaw is that there is no hatch for oil changes. I’m waiting till after my next change to install it.

Four points of mounting, not tough to remove or reinstall for oil swaps.

Sent from my iPhone using Glue and macaroni

OP
E
Thread Starter #11
I’ve got one from him, only flaw is that there is no hatch for oil changes. I’m waiting till after my next change to install it.

Four points of mounting, not tough to remove or reinstall for oil swaps.

That looks like a pretty good product. Do you have a link?

That looks like a pretty good product. Do you have a link?
I’m not sure if you Facebook, if so, search for “skid plate guy”. His storefront is on there. He answers questions very quickly.

dmb

my car was bought salvaged and i thought it was missing, lucky me. the i/c has a small dent but can't find any tell tail signs 8,000 mi $8,000 like new.

For those of us who do not have a Facebook, it makes things incredibly inconvenient.
Well, he’s on instagram too... [emoji849]

No actual website though, probably why I hadn’t heard of him except by sheer fluke.

I'm not really much for social media, but as it turns out he is in my neck of the woods, about a half hour away. I feel a little dumb having heard about him several times over the years and just now finding out he is just down the road. So it seems I might be getting another unplanned mod soon.