Hello and welcome to our Fiesta ST Forum community! Is this your first visit?
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 1 of 14 12345678911 ... LastLast
84 Likes

Thread: The Fiesta is dead

Senior Member 657 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    Grand Haven
    State
    MI
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

11 Likes

The Fiesta is dead

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    https://www.autoblog.com/2018/04/04/...fiesta-taurus/

Even the local news was reporting on the Fiesta being dead. Not really a big shock after Jeep was the big winner in the Q1 sales reports and Ford said yesterday that only low volume-high margin sedans and coupes would be part of their portfolio. That doesn't leave much room for a Fiesta. I feel pretty bad after being part of the Fiesta program since 2009 and doing everything possible to help the brand succeed. In the end, Americans just don't want cars, don't want small cars, don't want anything that even looks like a small car. I am thankful for the Fiesta Movement and owning both a 2011 Fiesta and my Fiesta ST. While the rest of the country is obsessed with trucks and SUV's, I still think the Fiesta is the best small car money can buy. I am happy that there are at least a few people who agree.
    2015 Performance Blue Fiesta ST
    1984 Performance White Mustang

@BRGT350 Instagram, Twitter, YouTube

New Member 21 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points  
    City
    Oklahoma City
    State
    OK
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

I agree with you! It's sad to see it go and it'll be missed. I followed you on FiestaFaction for a number of years and now to the ST, here. You've contributed a lot to the movement, and I have you to thank.

Keep it up.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Ratings | Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    Eerie
    State
    IN
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Quote Originally Posted by BRGT350 View Post
    While the rest of the country is obsessed with trucks and SUV's, I still think the Fiesta is the best small car money can buy. I am happy that there are at least a few people who agree.
    Lots of people agree.

Sadly, most of them don't live in North America.

I wanna slap the bonehead who though I'd prefer a 4 door.
    2017 Magnetic, everything but the Recaros. MP 215, mountune shift kit and shift knob, Husky floor liners. That's all I'm doing, I swear!.. OK, I lied. Also added an intake hose and symposer delete. But that really is all, I swear this time! Okay. just one other thing: A mountune RMM. Now I really am done, I promise!

Member 37 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points  
    City
    Grass Lake
    State
    MI
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

I will continue to enjoy mine for years to come. I was surprised when the 17 model year was completed and then extended into 2018 for Fiesta. The current iteration is a pretty damn good super mini, and does not seem dated at all.
    But, man are we going to be drowning in crossover suv's within five years! I sat in an Ecosport earlier this week. It's nicely finnished but has zero towing capability,, not much cargo capacity and no rough or off road ability. I would have a difficult time pressing a pen to an RD 108 for anything like that.
    If Ford wants to sell me an suv, they will revive the Excursion! The only reason that got killed off was political correctness. I am interested in a truck or suv that will tow something in the neighborhood of 20 thousand pounds. Plus i have an extra bumper sticker like the one on my V10 F350 4x4. It says "My carbon footprint is bigger than your carbon footprint."

Vendor Premier Vendor 98 Rep Points PCA-1's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points  
    City
    Le Sueur
    State
    MN
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Death to the 4x108??? Say it isn't so!

Sad. I don't see anything else in the Ford line up I would want to pay for.

Not at all interested in the 2019 Made in China Focus either.
    PERFECT CIRCLE AUTOSPORT IS TEAM DYNAMICS #1 NORTH AMERICAN SPEC ORDER WHEEL DEALER!
    Perfect Circle Autosport
    www.pc-autosport.com contact@pc-autosport.com
    507-721-3141 office 507-491-2001 cell

About Team Dynamics click here. Team Dynamics website click here
    UPGRADE YOUR AUTOMOTIVE EXPERIENCE AND PERFORMANCE!

Senior Member 1123 Rep Points M-Sport fan's Avatar

Medals
    City
    Solebury
    State
    PA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

2 Likes

Quote Originally Posted by BRGT350 View Post
    While the rest of the country is obsessed with trucks and SUV's, I still think the Fiesta is the best small car money can buy. I am happy that there are at least a few people who agree.
    I personally could not agree with you more if I tried!!

I am PROUD to be piloting this little rocketship of a car, even if it seems to be the laughing stock of the rest of the 'bigger HAS TO BE better' mentality of the rest of this effed-up land.

I LAUGH at all of the dolts locally who think that one MUST MUST MUST buy ONLY at least a smaller SUV, or 'crossover', if not a rolling TANK, whether or not they will ever actually EVER use it's AWD/4WD capability, cargo capacity, towing capacity, or any off road ground clearance capability it may have, or not.
    To them, it is a sign of THE lowest socioeconomic status to ever be caught in anything smaller than their tanks, unless it is a $150K+ sports car/coupe/exotic, 'rolling mink coat/solid 24K Rolex' so that they can show off all of their wealth and 'success'.
    Magnetic 2016 Fiesta ST base model

Senior Member 1123 Rep Points M-Sport fan's Avatar

Medals
    City
    Solebury
    State
    PA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PCA-1 View Post
    Death to the 4x108??? Say it isn't so!

Sad. I don't see anything else in the Ford line up I would want to pay for.

Not at all interested in the 2019 Made in China Focus either.
    As far as anyone can tell, the 8th gen Fiesta/FiST in Europe/rest of the sane world still uses the 'dreaded' 4x108 PCD, so PLEASE tell Rimstock to KEEP RIGHT ON PRODUCING product for that application!!
    Magnetic 2016 Fiesta ST base model

Senior Member 129 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    LA
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Likes

I think another part of the reason that SUVs are so successful here is the same reason that the station wagon and later the minivan were so popular in previous decades...because they can carry so much and/or so many at once. The difference now is that suvs/crossovers look so much cooler than the minivans of yesteryear while having decent enough mileage and power due to todays technology to keep it interesting.

After all, I am a practical person. Personally, a sport coupe is my vehicle of choice. However, I must consider my needs, hence my current hatchback, the FiST. I'd rather have a hatchback but if I absolutely needed a crossover/SUV/truck, etc...I'd probably also join that band wagon. Thank goodness my hatch fits my needs and it does so while being more fun to drive than any of the sport coupes I've ever driven so far...Win-Win. So glad I found out about this car because to be honest, Ford was not on my radar initially and this car has been a gem.

At over 65k miles now, it's starting to show it's age (only 2.5 years) through minor noises here and there. Planning to hopefully go through it carefully and take care of them eventually. In the meantime...I'm putting this to good use and happily get the most I can out of it. When that moment comes, I can only hope another car comes around that can fill in the void this one will leave behind...otherwise I may just be on the lookout for a low mileage FiST next time.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Member 18 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Prince George, BC
    Country
    Canada
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by neeqness View Post
    I think another part of the reason that SUVs are so successful here is the same reason that the station wagon and later the minivan were so popular in previous decades...because they can carry so much and/or so many at once. The difference now is that suvs/crossovers look so much cooler than the minivans of yesteryear while having decent enough mileage and power due to todays technology to keep it interesting.

After all, I am a practical person. Personally, a sport coupe is my vehicle of choice. However, I must consider my needs, hence my current hatchback, the FiST. I'd rather have a hatchback but if I absolutely needed a crossover/SUV/truck, etc...I'd probably also join that band wagon. Thank goodness my hatch fits my needs and it does so while being more fun to drive than any of the sport coupes I've ever driven so far...Win-Win. So glad I found out about this car because to be honest, Ford was not on my radar initially and this car has been a gem.

At over 65k miles now, it's starting to show it's age (only 2.5 years) through minor noises here and there. Planning to hopefully go through it carefully and take care of them eventually. In the meantime...I'm putting this to good use and happily get the most I can out of it. When that moment comes, I can only hope another car comes around that can fill in the void this one will leave behind...otherwise I may just be on the lookout for a low mileage FiST next time.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
    I wonder how long it will take for the demand for aftermarket parts to start to discontinued from mountune, Cobb, mishimoto etc. I would think maybe in 5 years if these see the demand starts to fall off these companies will start to stop producing parts. I recently ordered the mountune turbo back exhaust cause of this reasoning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New Member 19 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Kansas City
    State
    MO
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3 Likes

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Wait until another financial crisis or oil shortage and people will be begging for small cars again. My wife has a Yaris and we easily fit our two kids and groceries in a subcompact. I love small cars because of the fuel economy.

Page 1 of 14 12345678911 ... LastLast