Hello and welcome to our Fiesta ST Forum community! Is this your first visit?
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member 35 Rep Points
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points  
    City
    Front Royal
    State
    VA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    looks good, similar to mine minus the recaros.
    2017 Fiesta ST
    White platinum, black wheels

Mods: 20% tint, Cobb AP with Cobb stage 1 tune, Itg intake, Thermal R&D catback, DV+

Member 26 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    San Diego
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

so far so good! I've got the fifteen52 CF lip spoiler sitting in my garage for months now... haha, I need to install that thing.

Senior Member 955 Rep Points M-Sport fan's Avatar

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    Solebury
    State
    PA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Likes

I REALLY like the black wheels on the white car look, even though I know you want that monochromatic JDM YO look.

IF you can swing it, I would just leave the factory wheels alone, and get a set of white aftermarket wheels in a wider width, with the perfect offset. ;)
    Magnetic 2016 Fiesta ST base model

New Member 28 Rep Points MyopicPaideia's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    San Diego
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by M-Sport fan View Post
    I REALLY like the black wheels on the white car look, even though I know you want that monochromatic JDM YO look.

IF you can swing it, I would just leave the factory wheels alone, and get a set of white aftermarket wheels in a wider width, with the perfect offset. ;)
    Yeah, it is a very subjective thing! Sometimes I like the Black Wheels too...

Not really opposed to getting a new set of wheels, but I do want to maintain that "slightly-enhanced-over-stock" clean sleeper look. Maybe a good light set of 16x8 or 17x8 Rotas or something...what, in your opinion, is the perfect offset? The not negotiable variable is that I absolutely don't want rubbing with my mountune springs on the car, which go on a week from tomorrow...
    Last edited by MyopicPaideia; 04-16-2018 at 10:43 PM.

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    San Diego
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Likes

So, day 12 of ownership, and the following is now complete!

Carbon fiber wrapped Max Designs front splitter, version 3:

Carbon fiber wrapped Max Designs rear spoiler extension:

Rebel Alliance Fiesta Debadge:

Yellow Tinted Fog Lights:

I gotta say, I am pretty stoked at the moment. The final product after installation has exceeded my expectations. The pictures don’t do it justice, probably because I suck at taking quality photos with an iPhone (or any camera of any kind for that matter).

Everything looks great, better than I imagined! Gotta say, this is the first time I have ever dealt with them, but the guys at SD Wraps are proper car enthusiasts - they treat you well and with respect, do absolute quality work, and not only that, but charged a fair price. I went to 3 other custom wrapping shops first, and definitely glad I went with these guys, They had everything under the sun in their garage, Ferrari’s, Ford GT’s, Porsche GT3’s, AMG 550’s, Corvette’s, M3’s and 4’s, etc, and there is my Fiesta ST right in amongst them all, getting some very special attention.

Great experience, Ramin is a great guy, we talked shop for a long time, real down to earth and friendly, all his techs were great too, can’t say enough. Definitely will be going back there to do the white powder coating of the wheels later! Whole heartedly recommend them to any of you S.D. guys out there!

But first - next week the car goes in to JBA Speed Shop for installation of the Boomba short shifter kit (bracket and stick combo) and the mountune springs! Hopefully that experience will be just as positive!

Here are some more pictures of it as it sits now:

Senior Member 640 Rep Points jeff's Avatar

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    Evans
    State
    GA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Likes

Great job.

I love this thread because it is obvious that you are happy with your car and truly enjoy driving and modding it. Looks great!

Since you're spending the amount of money you are on this and that, I highly recommend dropping another $300-$400 for a used or new Accessport or Mountune device, just the stage 1 tune will really improve the car, it won't be much faster but it will feel faster and all the joy you described in post #2 will have an exponent added to it.
    Hey, check out my build thread!

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    San Diego
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jeff View Post
    Great job.

I love this thread because it is obvious that you are happy with your car and truly enjoy driving and modding it. Looks great!

Since you're spending the amount of money you are on this and that, I highly recommend dropping another $300-$400 for a used or new Accessport or Mountune device, just the stage 1 tune will really improve the car, it won't be much faster but it will feel faster and all the joy you described in post #2 will have an exponent added to it.
    Thanks, man, high praise from you! All your Youtube videos of your Fiesta ST really inspired me as I was in search of the exact car I wanted - Much appreciated!

You know, you have a great point there. I have been reading up on the Stratified stock tune, and have been thinking of trying to find a used Cobb AP ahead of doing the wheels. Everything I’ve read gives it massive praise for increased torque bandwidth and driveability.

I’m not looking for massive power, but some more torque lower in the rev range that remains consistent would make this car even more properly amazing to drive!

Also hoping that the Boomba kit will alleviate the ONE thing that is a niggling irritation for me. 3rd gear seems to be in the “wrong” spot for me, I tend to sometimes have to have a second go at it because it feels like you have to reach too far out to the right. The Boomba shifter says it is 15° more tilted towards the driver. Fingers crossed!

Senior Member 640 Rep Points jeff's Avatar

Medals
    City
    Evans
    State
    GA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Likes

Quote Originally Posted by MyopicPaideia View Post
    Thanks, man, high praise from you! All your Youtube videos of your Fiesta ST really inspired me as I was in search of the exact car I wanted - Much appreciated!

You know, you have a great point there. I have been reading up on the Stratified stock tune, and have been thinking of trying to find a used Cobb AP ahead of doing the wheels. Everything I’ve read gives it massive praise for increased torque bandwidth and driveability.

I’m not looking for massive power, but some more torque lower in the rev range that remains consistent would make this car even more properly amazing to drive!

Also hoping that the Boomba kit will alleviate the ONE thing that is a niggling irritation for me. 3rd gear seems to be in the “wrong” spot for me, I tend to sometimes have to have a second go at it because it feels like you have to reach too far out to the right. The Boomba shifter says it is 15° more tilted towards the driver. Fingers crossed!
    Yeah take a look on the forums, there are used AP units for sale all the time, sometimes equipped with STratified tunes. You can't go wrong.

If you go stratified I recommend getting their traction control added to your tune, it's only like $10 extra. Any tune you get from them or Cobb or Dizzy or whoever has tons of useless torque applied in 1st and 2nd gear. It's fun for a minute but then you start realizing that you're blowing your tires off for nothing. The TC addition (as default so you don't have to switch it on every time you start the car) really makes the new power useful.

Or just control with your right foot.

In either case both are great options. The Cobb tunes feel more aggressive. The Strat tunes feel more smooth, much moreso. When I had stock turbo I kept both (plus others, I had about 7 total) on my AP and swapped out occasionally when I felt like it.

Glad the videos helped!
    Hey, check out my build thread!

Member 26 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    San Diego
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MyopicPaideia View Post
    So, day 12 of ownership, and the following is now complete!

Carbon fiber wrapped Max Designs front splitter, version 3:

I gotta say, I am pretty stoked at the moment. The final product after installation has exceeded my expectations. The pictures don’t do it justice, probably because I suck at taking quality photos with an iPhone (or any camera of any kind for that matter).

Everything looks great, better than I imagined! Gotta say, this is the first time I have ever dealt with them, but the guys at SD Wraps are proper car enthusiasts - they treat you well and with respect, do absolute quality work, and not only that, but charged a fair price. I went to 3 other custom wrapping shops first, and definitely glad I went with these guys, They had everything under the sun in their garage, Ferrari’s, Ford GT’s, Porsche GT3’s, AMG 550’s, Corvette’s, M3’s and 4’s, etc, and there is my Fiesta ST right in amongst them all, getting some very special attention.

Great experience, Ramin is a great guy, we talked shop for a long time, real down to earth and friendly, all his techs were great too, can’t say enough. Definitely will be going back there to do the white powder coating of the wheels later! Whole heartedly recommend them to any of you S.D. guys out there!

But first - next week the car goes in to JBA Speed Shop for installation of the Boomba short shifter kit (bracket and stick combo) and the mountune springs! Hopefully that experience will be just as positive!
    Looks great so far! 2 things: Do you have a build thread started? I love all the work you're doing on your car so it would be great to follow it all in one place. Second thing, do those little badges come off the lip and spoiler extension? Might be a touch more stealthy without them.

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    San Diego
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff View Post
    Yeah take a look on the forums, there are used AP units for sale all the time, sometimes equipped with STratified tunes. You can't go wrong.

If you go stratified I recommend getting their traction control added to your tune, it's only like $10 extra. Any tune you get from them or Cobb or Dizzy or whoever has tons of useless torque applied in 1st and 2nd gear. It's fun for a minute but then you start realizing that you're blowing your tires off for nothing. The TC addition (as default so you don't have to switch it on every time you start the car) really makes the new power useful.

Or just control with your right foot.

In either case both are great options. The Cobb tunes feel more aggressive. The Strat tunes feel more smooth, much moreso. When I had stock turbo I kept both (plus others, I had about 7 total) on my AP and swapped out occasionally when I felt like it.

Glad the videos helped!
    Thanks for the advice! Is the traction control option essentially a launch control, or is it something that is always activated in addition to the stock ESC (or does it replace that?)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast