Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

RMG

Asked Emilio a while ago about our bolt pattern and he wanted nothing to do with it.

Nice wheels, but also the only wheel I have ever seen break on its own... Personally will not trust them unless they build it with thicker spokes.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
The 949 wheels still look the same but now even better as roll formed and stronger as well as lighter, I would not hesitate to use them.

I have not heard of them cracking before and have know many to race on these wheels for a very long time. I know who built last seasons spec Miata national champ car and he runs them on his faster class race Miatas and is building a super nuts LS powered race car and sure he plans to run them on it as well.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
The 949 wheels still look the same but now even better as roll formed and stronger as well as lighter, I would not hesitate to use them.

I have not heard of them cracking before and have know many to race on these wheels for a very long time. I know who built last seasons spec Miata national champ car and he runs them on his faster class race Miatas and is building a super nuts LS powered race car and sure he plans to run them on it as well.

---------------------

I have these on my car now, not my favorite spoke design but the were the best to fit over my BBK.

They are 12.8 lbs and roll formed, 15x9, 4x100, +35mm and will not fit the rear of a FiST without major mods.

I will sell them when the new Konig Helix is available in a month or so and get some spares at the same time. The Helix is the wheel I posted yesterday, second wheel out of three pictures.

RMG

6uls had more success then failure, and the new ones are even better. Give credit where credit is due, especially for a little shop like 949.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
That is not a pretty site to see but there is no proof the wheel was not compromised before this happened as in hitting a curb, in an accident, not inspected properly....I have seen some very costly forged and CNC'd wheels broken due to prior damage causing worse issues than this one shown.

A member on another Fiesta forum posted these pics of his FiST with 16x7 Rota Grids, looks like 205/50/16 tires and H&R springs. Tried PMing him asking if they rubbed at all but no response yet. His name is "Alrightythen"
Was there any update on this or if he PM'd you back? Absolutely love that size combo.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
This was his reply....
Hi, yeah they are 16x7 et40 wheels with 205/50/16 tires. I bought the wheels with the tires, they are inexpensive fusion all seasons. Before I lowered it on the h&r springs there was no rubbing at all. But after lowering it the front does rub some now under hard cornering or hard braking or huge bumps. I took the front wheels off and inspected where it rubs and it hits the inner plastic liner and a bit of the fender lip. I could eliminate this by trimming the liner and rolling the fender, I just haven't had the time to get to it yet. I did install a set of h&r camber bolts which decreased the rubbing.

So if you're wanting something similar without having to mess with any rubbing I probably wouldn't recommend these h&r super sport springs... the drop is a little too low.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
I should've said they only make one type of lowering springs for the Fiesta ST besides coilovers.

Gotcha. I dont plan on modifying the suspension for a good while and if I do it'll be coilovers so I think I'll be in the clear. Thanks for the follow up.

no-pistons

This was his reply....
Hi, yeah they are 16x7 et40 wheels with 205/50/16 tires. I bought the wheels with the tires, they are inexpensive fusion all seasons. Before I lowered it on the h&r springs there was no rubbing at all. But after lowering it the front does rub some now under hard cornering or hard braking or huge bumps. I took the front wheels off and inspected where it rubs and it hits the inner plastic liner and a bit of the fender lip. I could eliminate this by trimming the liner and rolling the fender, I just haven't had the time to get to it yet. I did install a set of h&r camber bolts which decreased the rubbing.

So if you're wanting something similar without having to mess with any rubbing I probably wouldn't recommend these h&r super sport springs... the drop is a little too low.
205/45R16 seems like a better choice.