Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I would not go any bigger than a 205 on a 6.5 but a 195/55 or 60 would look good too and lil taller side wall ride nicer aka softer
Yes Dunlop has there DZ or now the Zll in 195/55/15
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSearchResults.jsp?width=195/&ratio=55&diameter=15
Would there be any benefits in running a 205/55 over a 195/55? 195 has a lot more choices but I was wondering if there would be any noticeable difference.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Would there be any benefits in running a 205/55 over a 195/55? 195 has a lot more choices but I was wondering if there would be any noticeable difference.
On a 6.5 inch wide rim not a lot of benefit going that wide you only get more pinch but if you like the chubby tire look then give it a whirl.. But being as the limiting factor here is the rim width I don't see a lot to be gained..

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
On a 6.5 inch wide rim not a lot of benefit going that wide you only get more pinch but if you like the chubby tire look then give it a whirl.. But being as the limiting factor here is the rim width I don't see a lot to be gained..
That makes sense about the pinch, never though about that. Thanks for the input. Looks like I'm going with the 195/55!

My winter setup:
16x7 wheels, et42, 205/50/16 winter tires
Absolutely no rubbing and a pretty dang comfortable ride

My summer setup:
16x7, ET 40, 225/45/16 summer tires
Absolutely no rubbing and lots of increased grip.
I will be putting a 3mm spacer on the front and 5mm spacer in the rear soon. So essentially I will be running an ET37 in the front and ET35 in the rear. Will report back if it rubs.

I am on stock suspension.

Hope this helps someone.
It would help me a lot if you could post pictures of the fitment of your summer and winter set ups.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
It would help me a lot if you could post pictures of the fitment of your summer and winter set ups.
Thought id chime in on my setup....
Rota Grid 16x7 e42, 205/50/16 bfg sport comp 2.
Bc coilovers dropped 23 3/4" front and 24" rear. Measurement is from center of wheel well to floor. No rubbing whats so ever. Im even considering lowering another 1/4".

The heavy's... despite the rims being somewhat lightweight, the package is way heavier than stock. These RE-71R's feel like solid rubber on the sidewalls! lol

Size is 205/45/R16 - Bridgestone RE-71R XL

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Tire Rack shows the tires at 22lbs which is rounded up or down most likely and the wheels at 17.3 lbs to the total is approx 39.3 lbs, plus valve stems and balance weights so maybe 40 lbs.

Stock setup is known to be 42+ lbs so you should be around 2 lbs lighter, not heavier.

If your stock tires were nearly worn out they would weigh less causing the difference to be less.

Tire Rack is usually pretty good about the actual weight of what they sell, did you weigh the wheels, tires or wheel with tire mounted?

Just posting in the name of accuracy to help others decide what to go with, etc....:)

Rick

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Bc coilovers dropped 23 3/4" front and 24" rear. Measurement is from center of wheel well to floor. No rubbing whats so ever. Im even considering lowering another 1/4".
Off topic, but what kind of lug nuts do you have again? I want to get them to replace my chrome stock ones. Doesn't look right on the anthracite wheels I have.

Do you have pictures before you lowered the car?

The heavy's... despite the rims being somewhat lightweight, the package is way heavier than stock. These RE-71R's feel like solid rubber on the sidewalls! lol

Size is 205/45/R16 - Bridgestone RE-71R XL

Are you lowered or stock hight?

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Do you have pictures before you lowered the car?

This is all that I could find with stock suspension and 17x7 sparcos and 205/45/17 general gmax tires. I know that have pics with stock wheels somewhere on my pc.

Tire Rack shows the tires at 22lbs which is rounded up or down most likely and the wheels at 17.3 lbs to the total is approx 39.3 lbs, plus valve stems and balance weights so maybe 40 lbs.

Stock setup is known to be 42+ lbs so you should be around 2 lbs lighter, not heavier.

If your stock tires were nearly worn out they would weigh less causing the difference to be less.

Tire Rack is usually pretty good about the actual weight of what they sell, did you weigh the wheels, tires or wheel with tire mounted?

Just posting in the name of accuracy to help others decide what to go with, etc....:)

Rick
Interesting. I threw the stock tires on the scale just to see, they were just under 43lbs.

It felt to me like the new set was heavier, but it could be a jedi mind trick, haha. I am going to toss them onto the scale when I swap them off in about a week or so to see what they come out to.

I'd actually love to modify the suspension, but this year I want to stay in stock class, so nothing has been touched.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I have Konig Feathers that I found a weight of 16.8 lbs and Mich PS AS/3 in 205/45/17 TR weight shows 21lbs, mounted, balanced, stems, the total came in just over 38lbs on a good scale so I hope you are more in that range, it is a very noticable improvement.

Thought I would throw a picture in here since my eibach install. 205/45/17 42et. Don't see it ever rubbing unless these springs settle more than a 1/2"

I have 215/45/17 bridgestone re-71r tires on stock rims and stock suspension. I used to spin thru second gear and was in the limit of traction in 3rd. I can't spin in 1st with these tires. They feel like slicks.