Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

There's a pic of the FiST on the swifts...hope the link works I'll try uploading some pics directly when I get to my computer.
The link worked, love how that looks man. This setup is by far my favorite, and I actually really like the 195/55. I'll keep an eye out for more pictures.

LILIKE16ST

For sure my dude! Saved the pictures for future reference, I actually like the 195/55 tire better, perfect size. Good luck on the rest of the build. I'm hoping to get myself one of these cars soon.
The bfg tires have been nice for the price they were like 80 each and pretty wide for a 195. I feel the continental is a better overall tire based on what I've read and is almost 3 lbs lighter which is a lot really. I can get those for 87 each shipped new and overall height is 23.1 vs 23.4 so it isn't top much different and although tread width measured is less than the bfg (it'll be more than advertised on these 8 inch wheels) the section width of the extreme contact sport is a half inch wider than the bfg (8.4 vs 7.9) so it actually may look less stretched although the bfg isn't overly stretched by any means and is a good fit (in my opinion ) Good luck on getting one of these awesome cars you definitely won't regret it! I've loved mine since new and each and every mod I've done to improve it and personalize it has made me love it and enjoy it that much more.

LILIKE16ST

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yup, that's OVER an inch and a half taller than factory diameter! [crazyeye]

I guess I should not worry about the 'merely' a 24.2" tall 195/60-15 Altimax Arctic (which I am looking at for a rally working/winter option) on a factory ride height FiST. [dunno]

LILIKE16ST

Yup, that's OVER an inch and a half taller than factory diameter! [crazyeye]

I guess I should not worry about the 'merely' a 24.2" tall 195/60-15 Altimax Arctic (which I am looking at for a rally working/winter option) on a factory ride height FiST. [dunno]
195/60/15 should easily clear with stock ride height. You could probably almost not have issues with a 1 inch drop let alone stock height. Just my .02

Can you guys give me some tire recommendations? I have a set of 15x7 TD 1.2’s on their way. I have stock suspension and all that. And I live in Southern California so no need for any type of winter tire. Any help would be appreciated!

neeqness

1000 Post Club
195/60/15 should easily clear with stock ride height. You could probably almost not have issues with a 1 inch drop let alone stock height. Just my .02
I'm heavily considering this size next as well. It is 0.1" shorter than a 205/45/17. Should have no problems at stock height but you don't want to drop it at all. If you are considering a drop, 195/55/15 would be a better option to avoid rubbing.

I'm planning to use it with some new performance touring tires which better match with the majority of the freeway miles I seem to be racking up here. Since I'm deciding to stick with stock height, I like that it fills the fender gap nicely and makes the car look dropped even though it's really not.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

neeqness

1000 Post Club
What kind of driving do you expect to be doing most with your FiST? Commuting, canyon runs, touring, etc?
Can you guys give me some tire recommendations? I have a set of 15x7 TD 1.2’s on their way. I have stock suspension and all that. And I live in Southern California so no need for any type of winter tire. Any help would be appreciated!
Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I'm heavily considering this size next as well. It is 0.1" shorter than a 205/45/17. Should have no problems at stock height but you don't want to drop it at all. If you are considering a drop, 195/55/15 would be a better option to avoid rubbing.
FULLY agreed, but my winter setup ALSO has to double as a rally volunteer worker setup on VERY bombed-out gravel/rock/shale surface fire/logging roads, so I MUST HAVE as much side wall as possible, which will fit into the wheels wells without rubbing drastically at factory ride height. :(

The actual rally cars themselves use 65 and 70 profile gravel tires for these conditions, with HEAVILY reinforced side walls (and carcasses).