Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Flares?
Either that with cut out rear fenders and liners, filler welded in, etc....unless you are adding a lot of negative camber:)

The tread width on those tires is only .1" narrower than the 245/45/15 Rival S 1.5 but pretty tall at 24.4" which will give a bit more contact patch than a shorter tire so you should have plenty of grip.

That R1R is a nice wide tire that is just 22lbs, nice light wheels, good sidewall support, should be much fun!

I love seeing real performance wheels and tires put on this real performance car, especially ones making considerable power which I hope you have.

Rick

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Better off running a 205/40 or 45/17 on a 7.5" wide wheel, less weight, more sidewall control, the car will be faster in most all situations except sometimes in autocross classes where you have to stick with a certain width wheel and end up with a bit of a wider tire, always a trade off but sometimes have to do it to be competitive. For nearly all other situations to maximize performance it is best to have a little stretch on the tires, not a lot, just a little.

Flares?
Either that with cut out rear fenders and liners, filler welded in, etc....unless you are adding a lot of negative camber:)

The tread width on those tires is only .1" narrower than the 245/45/15 Rival S 1.5 but pretty tall at 24.4" which will give a bit more contact patch than a shorter tire so you should have plenty of grip.

That R1R is a nice wide tire that is just 22lbs, nice light wheels, good sidewall support, should be much fun!

I love seeing real performance wheels and tires put on this real performance car, especially ones making considerable power which I hope you have.

Rick

I'll be running m2 motoring flares, and a functional amount of camber, nothing too crazy. I think this combo will work perfect for what I use this car for.

Also has a DHM Quick spool GTX 2560r kit on it, so I wanted something sticky to help with that. Hopefully the increased height of the tire doesn't slow me down too much

You had the blanks drilled to 4x108/63.1 center bore?

That setup will look (and perform) WICKED once you get it all together!! [driving] [thumb]
I was looking on them up and saw they have 4x108. Not sure what offset though. And if I went with these I would need the center bored?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I was looking on them up and saw they have 4x108. Not sure what offset though. And if I went with these I would need the center bored?
^^^I believe that the 9s were ALL blanks though? [dunno]

Not sure on the center bore, maybe bodytech will respond.

There are a couple different ways to go about it depending on what wheel you want. They offer wheels with dual bolt patterns, or you can custom drill on some wheels they offer, and get a custom offset.

I went with a custom drill for 4x108 and chose my offset of 25. The centre bore comes larger then we need so they include the hub centering rings with the wheels.

There are a couple different ways to go about it depending on what wheel you want. They offer wheels with dual bolt patterns, or you can custom drill on some wheels they offer, and get a custom offset.

I went with a custom drill for 4x108 and chose my offset of 25. The centre bore comes larger then we need so they include the hub centering rings with the wheels.
Oh nice!!! Thanks for the info!!! [emoji1303]

^^^THIS.

There are NO 'street' 225/40-17s (SADLY, as I would use them on my 17x8 1.2s IF there were!), and the one 225/35-17 (Yoko S.Drive) is way shorter than the factory setup, and way too 'rubber band' profile for most roads in this land.

Even at factory ride height/suspension, I would not even consider any of the (even shorter) 225/45-17s out there for fear of MAJOR rubbing. [:(]
There are none that are advertised as such, but my 215/40-R17 Federal 595s are about ~225/40.

Nope. I don't rub. I have the coilovers set just right.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
bodytech,
You should be just fine then, if you had them made in 35 offset you would likely of needed a bit of a spacer up front to clear the suspension, in the rear will have to cut and weld on the fenders but if your ID is your trade then no worries at all in that regard:)

I was able to fit 225 Hoosiers on 9" wide wheels up front which are really close to a 245 wide tire and actually work well on a 10" wheel!
On the rear I could not get the Hoosiers under the fenders which were rolled and pulled as far as I could get them and I removed the inner caulking on the liner to fender seam.
The 225 RA1 and Rival S barely clear and that is running -1.9 camber from cutting and moving the axle flanges.

I would not add a lot of front camber as the rear has little to make the car rotate easily but if just add more it might rotate to easily if you are into pushing it on high speed corners it could be a bit loose.

Glad to see more 9" wheels being used, had mine on 9's since spring 2014:)

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Moxboost,
Looks like about a perfect drop, you could probably go a little bit lower but not much, to low really screws up the geometry and causes much less grip as well as more wear on the suspension.

You have what I consider the best setup, low enough to look good, high enough to drive it on real roads and not pussy foot around all the time, better handling, safer, etc...cool:)

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
There are none that are advertised as such, but my 215/40-R17 Federal 595s are about ~225/40.
I was planning on using ONE of the many 595s in that size, but a few on here are claiming that they HOWL/SCREAM at you on the highway, WORSE than a completely shot wheel bearing, and are not as grippy (in reality) as their 140-240 tread wear ratings would suggest?? [???:)]

Which model 595 do you have, and just how 'unbearable' are they at highway speeds?

It is basically between these, and the 2-3 times the cost (and just as quick wearing), co-widest tread width in this size, Dunlop Star Specs, which, I am told, are NOT all that silent on the highway EITHER. [:(]