Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hopefully someone else can chime in before going with it as I am sure those TD in 7.5 have an et+45 so I dont think it will be a problem, best to be safe it will clear.
215/45R17 need a little trimming. 225/45R17 is too tall unless you're willing to trim the front bumper tabs and clearance the sheetmetal found at 3:00 in the rear, and that might not be enough.

235/40R17 is a better fit, but will need trimming as well and is probably too wide for a 7.5" wide wheel. 215/40R17 is the safest bet unless you're ready to do some grinding.

In terms of width, I'm running 17x8 ET45 (9" total width) with 12.5mm spacers on the front and have 1/2" between the inside wheel rim and my ST coilovers and similar clearance on the outside with 2.5? of camber. No problems on the rear.

All of the above depends upon on the specific tire, but heights are pretty uniforms across tire brands.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
I pulled the trigger on the Continental Extreme Contact DW's - couldn't turn down the price...

As I'm on stock springs, I hope there isn't too much work to be done to get them to clear everything - they're the 225/45/17's going on 7.5" wide wheels and I hope I get some tire poke back (the 215 Michelin's still had to stretch).

I pulled the trigger on the Continental Extreme Contact DW's - couldn't turn down the price...

As I'm on stock springs, I hope there isn't too much work to be done to get them to clear everything - they're the 225/45/17's going on 7.5" wide wheels and I hope I get some tire poke back (the 215 Michelin's still had to stretch).
Tell us how it fits. I'm sure you'll love the tire.

Nice! That is a great tire. Right now I am debating to go 205/45 or 215/40 on a 17 wheel. I want the look of the wheel/tire sticking out but I also want to cover up as much wheel gap as I have no plans to lower the car.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Nice! That is a great tire. Right now I am debating to go 205/45 or 215/40 on a 17 wheel. I want the look of the wheel/tire sticking out but I also want to cover up as much wheel gap as I have no plans to lower the car.
If you go 215, don't go to a 7.5" wheel unless you want tire stretch. The 7" with a 215/45/17 looks great in my opinion.

I won't lower my car either so you can keep tabs on my thread for pictures of how the tire combos look.

Waterfan

Were your bfg's fairly noisy as a daily driver or on long drives?

Sent using Tapatalk
I have 205/45-16 BFG SC2 on 16x7s (currently 9k miles on them and maybe 2-3k life left. 95% daily driver 5% canyon runner). They were initially noisier than stock but have either quieted down (after maybe 1k miles?) or my ears/brain have adjusted (or some combination thereof). If I think about listening to the tires, I can definitely hear them, they are absolutely not whisper quiet like a UTC 500 Michelin All-Season. Anything more than 1/4 stereo volume and I can't hear them if I try.

Makes sense? Helpful? (hope so :))

If you go 215, don't go to a 7.5" wheel unless you want tire stretch. The 7" with a 215/45/17 looks great in my opinion.

I won't lower my car either so you can keep tabs on my thread for pictures of how the tire combos look.

Sounds good, thanks! Cant wait to see

Looking forward to the reviews and feedback. The 195/50/15 is just the size the Dr. recommends for my wheels.

[MENTION=4988]neeqness[/MENTION] how are you man?!

I'm still on stock suspension. Based on the comments and input from more experienced members here I decided to go with 195 width tires as that seems to be the best match for 15x8 wheels, i.e. diameter, matching the wheel width (little to no stretch/squeeze).

I am very happy with the set-up, currently BFG sport comp-2, and would repeat it when the time comes. But waiting to see how the RS-4s turn-out.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Am I crazy or will a 195 width tire be stretched like crazy on a 8" wide wheel?? Heck, my 215's are stretched on a 7.5" wheel!
I'm thinking that some (most??) on here are of the opinion that in order to be labelled/considered "stretched", the setup has to look like those extreme camber, wheel sticking out from the sidewall by an inch on either side to the point that you wonder HOW it stays on the wheel without rim bolts into the bead type 'stancers'. [wink] LOL

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
I'm thinking that some (most??) on here are of the opinion that in order to be labelled/considered "stretched", the setup has to look like those extreme camber, wheel sticking out from the sidewall by an inch on either side to the point that you wonder HOW it stays on the wheel without rim bolts into the bead type 'stancers'. [wink] LOL
Ha! I should run some Hutchison 17" beadlocks on this rally FiST! Oh how stupid that would be... They're too heavy! ha!

I really don't like the 215 on a 7.5"... on a 7" it looks sooooo much better. Which is why, as I wanted to keep my 7.5" wide wheel, I have to go to the 225. Oh woe is me... I can't wait to stuff that sucker in the wheel well for the first time. So beefy.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
IF someone (ANYONE) made a non road race/ax ONLY slick, not 00-80 tread wear, streetable tire in a 225/40-17, they would go on my 17x8 1.2s in less than a HEARTBEAT, instead of the Star Specs, or Federals in 215/40-17. ;)

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Ok... did we ever find out if 215's or even 225's will fit in the rear of the car? Stock rims and stock height.

I'm going to move away from my 235/40 fronts and 205/40 rears to help equalize the handling a bit. So basically I want to run the biggest tire I can, front AND BACK that match.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Ok... did we ever find out if 215's or even 225's will fit in the rear of the car? Stock rims and stock height.
The consensus is that 215/45R17 will fit with some trimming of the front bumper tabs and, perhaps, the sheet metal found at 3:00 in the rear wheel well. 235/40R17 are a tad shorter but they are a wide tire for a 7" wheel. I haven't heard of anyone trying a 225/45 and there aren't many good USP tires in 225/40.