Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

For me, it would be hard not to consider the 205/50/15 Potenza RE-71R
I was looking at those but I just felt they were not as aggressive as what I want. These are to run time attack with. Price point wise the Trofeo also seems like a good deal since I can get them for $176 Canadian a tire.

DaveG99

For me, it would be hard not to consider the 205/50/15 Potenza RE-71R
The only issue with the re71's is that they are really narrow for an 8" wheel. Their tread width is only 7" but the section width is 8.4". The tread width is 1" less than the width of the wheel. Sounds like a recipe for some "stance" stretch.

If I had 15x8 wheels I would go with something with at least a 7.5" tread width like a gforce rival S, dunlop star spec, or federal rsrr.

LILIKE16ST

205/55/16 is a very tall tire that's around 25 inches overall diameter or about 1.5 inches taller than the stock st tire size...that's alot lol

tragaci

I am sorry, but, I made a mistake and I managed to delete the original post.
Fortunately I managed to recover it:

tragaci said:
Hello,
I'm new to this community and I want to share with you, my experience.
Last month, I searched for tires and rims for my 2014 Ford Fiesta (it is not a ST model). I was looking for 205/55/16. But I did not find anything.
So, I took a shot and I buy these components:
1) Nexen N'Fera-SU1 205/55 R16 94W
2) ALCAR steel rims: ALCAR 7095 FORD FIESTA 6.5X16, 4X108 ET47.5
I am sorry for the bad pictures.The weather outside it is not friendly at all. It is raining for a couple of days, so I did not have the opportunity to wash my car.
If you want more pictures of better quality, I'll wait for the sunny weather to do a few more.
Here are some of them:

Last edited:

tragaci

What size (width of wheel and size of tire) are the factory optional 16" alloys for the base/SE/Titanium Fiestas?
The stock wheels and tires are made from steel and the size of the tire is 195/50/R15 with 47.5 offset.
The car is the base model.

1) Nexen N'Fera-SU1 205/55 R16 94W
2) ALCAR steel rims: ALCAR 7095 FORD FIESTA 6.5X16, 4X108 ET47.5
These are the pictures taken on the day I bought it. I put them just for comparison

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I was only asking on here because LILIKE16ST was claiming that the size you chose was way too tall for the car, but we have an alloy 16" option from the factory on our NON-ST Fiestas here, which I am almost certain is taller than our factory setup on the STs.

The other thing is that the base Fiestas/NON STs sit a good deal HIGHER THAN the STs do from the factory, albeit everything being softer, with probably more travel, a tall tire could still rub on a hard compression, or 'yump' in the road. ;)

tragaci

I agree with LILIKE16ST that these tires are too big in comparison with the stock ones. But I am happy that they fit to my car.
I was reading those concerns here on these thread. After many many days of internet research ... i took a shot.
And it was a lucky one. [twothumb]

Last week-end, I took my Fiesta to a test on a road with large not too small speed bumps to see if they will rub, but nothing happen.
And also I put on the back seat 2 adults and 3 kids [poke] (just to simulate a heavy load). Again,...nothing is rubbing.

LILIKE16ST

I agree with LILIKE16ST that these tires are too big in comparison with the stock ones. But I am happy that they fit to my car.
I was reading those concerns here on these thread. After many many days of internet research ... i took a shot.
And it was a lucky one. [twothumb]

Last week-end, I took my Fiesta to a test on a road with large not too small speed bumps to see if they will rub, but nothing happen.
And also I put on the back seat 2 adults and 3 kids [poke] (just to simulate a heavy load). Again,...nothing is rubbing.
Well it's good you don't rub. A 195/50/15 is under 23 inches so that is more than 2 inches taller than stock it's a good thing it isn't as low as an st or lowered using aftermarket springs lol

neeqness

1000 Post Club
I think he meant 195/50 16 not 195/50 15. Stock height would be closer to 195/55 15 if at 15"

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Everyone is forgetting that tragaci DOES NOT HAVE AN ST, so the wheel/tire setup which came on his car from the factory could be MUCH taller than our 'rubber band profile' factory 205/40-17s. [wink]

tragaci

I think he meant 195/50 16 not 195/50 15. Stock height would be closer to 195/55 15 if at 15"
No,...I meant 195/50/R15.

Everyone is forgetting that tragaci DOES NOT HAVE AN ST, so the wheel/tire setup which came on his car from the factory could be MUCH taller than our 'rubber band profile' factory 205/40-17s. [wink]
Thank you M-Sport fan.
We have to take into consideration that every car manufacturer produce their cars according to the place where they sell them.

And also, do not forget: I post in this thread JUST TO SHOW you guys, another example of tire size for Ford Fiesta. I am fully aware that I have pushed the limits a little further,...but I love the way it is now.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
I did not know that he was referring to a non ST...however our stock 205/40-17 wheel/tire setup would more closely match a 195/55-15. 195/50-15 is somewhat shorter than our stock wheel/tire combo height.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Probably been done, but this is my setup.

Suspension: Swift Springs
Wheels: TD PRO 1.2 Gloss Bronze 15 x 8
Tires: Nitto Neo Gen 205/50/15
Lugs: Muteki SR 48 Titanium Color

View attachment 15693 View attachment 15694
So dope! Love it man, definitely taking a screen shot of this for future reference.

LILIKE16ST

nice setup

So dope! Love it man, definitely taking a screen shot of this for future reference.
This is a nice setup I have the same on mine now except flat black 1.2s on a shadow black st. It does look and perform really nice. I'm running 195/55 bfg sport comps now but plan to replace then with continental extreme contact sport in 205/50 within a couple months or so as my bfg are coming towards the end of their life. I will upload some pics soon springs were installed yesterday I love them! Put my pro race 1.2 15x8 back on at the same time as the spring install. This is a great simple yet effective setup imo. Highly recommend!!!

LILIKE16ST

There's a pic of the FiST on the swifts...hope the link works I'll try uploading some pics directly when I get to my computer.