Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

I bought another car

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
I bought a 2003 Mustang GT Premium 5-speed black on black. It books for $4,500. I paid $3,500.

The only mod is a Flowmaster catback; the rest is all stock.

My plans are: 4.10 gears, slicks, subframe conecters, catless X-pipe, and a weight loss program. My mechanic has a DOHC 4.6 from a Mark VII with a 80mm TB that we’re planning to put in it.

Hopefully this thing ends up being half as fun as a FiST when I’m done with it :)

jeff

2000 Post Club
Dude I have a local friend with that same car for sale same price, it’s red. Thought about it but didn’t.

Happy for you!!!

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Congrats, I take it that the RS is no longer in consideration? Lol

OP
T

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
Thank you, Flaco!

Dude I have a local friend with that same car for sale same price, it’s red. Thought about it but didn’t.

Happy for you!!!
Thank you, jeff! When your daily driver Fiesta is faster than your weekend V8 Mustang lol. I have a soft spot for older-ish V8 hotrods after owning a 70’ Chevelle, and a 71’ V8 Vega. That’s probably the only reason I jumped on this. Well that, and I got a pretty good deal on it.

Congrats, I take it that the RS is no longer in consideration? Lol
Thank you, MKVIIST! As of now, my plans haven’t changed. I’m currently talking to a dealer on a 2018 FiST for trade of my 2016. We’re still trying to get the numbers to line-up. Hopefully it’ll work out, or I’ll just go elsewhere. The search for a 2018 RS starts next year :)

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
if you're pulling the motor, save yourself the hassle and expense of trying to make a mod motor fast. just LS swap it and be done with it. thank me later.

OP
T

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #10
if you're pulling the motor, save yourself the hassle and expense of trying to make a mod motor fast. just LS swap it and be done with it. thank me later.
Google Bonneville Mark VIII

If that doesn’t make me happy, I can always just turbo the 4.6 like my friend from work did. He runs 10.8s with his 2002 GT

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
I don't know man. I really really believe if the car says ford the motor should too. Same goes for GM products. I should also mention I have a buddy with a 1600hp LS powerd mustang. If I ever build my dream sleeper it will be a 73 mercury capri with a single turbo 460. Dreams.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

me32

1000 Post Club
Congrats. Your gonna have a fun time with that car. My very 1st mustang was a 2000 gt. Very fun car. Sounds like you will be drag racing it. If you plan to do any road course upgrade the brakes at least to cobra brakes. The stock gt brakes suck. I look forward to your DOHC swap

Last edited:

me32

1000 Post Club
Why buy a ford to put a GM motor in it. If you want a LS motor buy a GM car and be done with it. You'll thank me later

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Why buy a ford to put a GM motor in it. If you want a LS motor buy a GM car and be done with it. You'll thank me later
Because some people like Mustangs but also want to go fast. You Mustang boys will always get butthurt about Chevy-swapped Stangs though. That's just a bonus.

me32

1000 Post Club
Because some people like Mustangs but also want to go fast. You Mustang boys will always get butthurt about Chevy-swapped Stangs though. That's just a bonus.
Is that because those chevy boys need a ford mustang with a LS swap to beat another ford?

OP
T

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #16
Congrats. Your gonna have a fun time with that car. My very 1st mustang was a 2000 gt. Very fun car. Sounds like you will be drag racing it. If you plan to do any road course upgrade the brakes at least to cobra brakes. The stock gt brakes stuck. I look forward to your DOHC swap
Thanks man, I appreciate it!

dmb

a guy around the corner has a 1965 orange mustang, parked behind it is a 1967 orange camero 396, both are very nice looking cars in the same long driveway. i have never seen anything like that before.

me32

1000 Post Club
a guy around the corner has a 1965 orange mustang, parked behind it is a 1967 orange camero 396, both are very nice looking cars in the same long driveway. i have never seen anything like that before.
Great pair to have.