Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

In the shop for transmission issues rebuild over replacement?

me32

1000 Post Club
Who is the "them" you are suing? What are you suing for? You have to show damages to file a suit. Not getting what you want is not grounds for a suit. Ford has not denied anyone any repairs. Also Ford has floors of Lawyers not making a ton of money to handle nuisance suits. And you can't sue the dealer....your warranty is with Ford not Joe Blow's Ford Dealership. Try talking to FORD, not the dealer. Ford really does want you to buy another Ford.

"Per the Manual

If you have questions or concerns, or are unsatisfied with the service you are receiving, follow these steps:
1. Contact your Sales Representative or Service Advisor at your selling or servicing authorized dealer.
2. If your inquiry or concern remains unresolved, contact the Sales Manager, Service Manager or Customer Relations Manager.
3. If you require assistance or clarification on Ford Motor Company policies, please contact the Ford Customer Relationship Center."

Some low tone talking and explaining the delays you are experiencing then asking for help may get you a new transmission. No judge can "make" a dealer do Ford warranty work free, the dealerships name is not on your warranty. You have a Ford Customer Relationship Center to try to reason with, I have had two contacts with them and both I was 100% happy with my Dealer issues. They may have no knowledge of any parts shortage and can get them expedited or simply get a new trans for you. Filing a suit can mean your car may sit for months and State lemon laws if applicable may not apply because you have filed a suit causing any repair delays.You can always get a lawyer after you try the right way to get help.
Best advice in this whole thread.

OP
J
Thread Starter #22
So I am happy to say I got my car back on Monday with a new (not rebuilt) transmission! When they called to say it was done I told him I was surprised as I was told parts wouldn't ship until May. He told me that they decided to put in a new transmission after all because of the delays (and maybe the fact that they had been paying on a rental for over 2 weeks at this point). Picked the car up that afternoon and it feels great and the transmission shifts smooth. Total time in the shop was 29 days... When I was looking over the paperwork it was pretty interesting what it said they found as the issue:

"Found input shaft rear bearing and output shaft bearing binding, input shaft front bearing scoring, causing the whining noise in all gears"