Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Will this all fit

I am thinking of making some changes to my ST and before I start ordering things I want to see if it should all fit together.

I am thinking of going with 17” turbomac wheels with 215/40-17 Federal RSR-R tires and the Swift lowering springs.

Should these all fit together with no rub? Any other spring suggestions to accommodate this set up. I’m looking for the right drop to fill the wheelwell and maintain the handling without rubbing.

I am thinking of making some changes to my ST and before I start ordering things I want to see if it should all fit together.

I am thinking of going with 17” turbomac wheels with 215/40-70 Federal RSR-R tires and the Swift lowering springs.

Should these all fit together with no rub? Any other spring suggestions to accommodate this set up. I’m looking for the right drop to fill the wheelwell and maintain the handling without rubbing.
You're gonna have a hard time getting a 70" tire onto a 17" wheel.... Sorry, just messing with you.

In all seriousness, this is pretty similar to what I was looking to do. From what I've read, the general consensus seems to be that with a 17x8 width in a +42 offset with that particular tire, and about 1" drop, you might have some rub at/near full lock.

Haha it's all good man, like I said, I was just messing around.

I recall reading that some guys were running a similar setup and no rub, while others were. 215 on an 8" rim you might have a little stretch, but the Federal's do seem to run a little wide. I was mainly looking at the RS-RR, but in my past experience I have seen that Federal tires generally tend to run wide in other models/sizes too, so I've no reason to doubt that the RS-R would be similar.

Maybe there's someone around here running those particular tires on an 8" +42 or +40 that could chime in.

OP
SoyFiesta
Thread Starter #5
Even if there’s a set-up with other tires I’d be open to that to not have rub. Tire wise I’m looking for good sticky rubber for spirited canyon driving

The Ecsta PS31 215/40/17s are working out well for me on my daily. I didn't need or wanted to get too much of a track type tire since I do drive all year round in my ST. These do well in the rain and have been great for me all around. Not too wide and no rubbing at all on my 17 x 8, 40 offset Recce on Mountune springs, that was my main concern, I didn't want anything close to hitting anything at full lock. So far so good, no complaints...

OP
SoyFiesta
Thread Starter #8
How much of a drop did you get with the Mountune springs? How’s the ride quality with them?

Drop was about as much as Mountune claims, 1.1" front and .8" rear, really didn't measure. Ride quality is improvement over stock, not as stiff and great for daily, spirited driving. Feel more planted and not bouncing over bumps.

The Ecsta PS31 215/40/17s are working out well for me on my daily. I didn't need or wanted to get too much of a track type tire since I do drive all year round in my ST. These do well in the rain and have been great for me all around. Not too wide and no rubbing at all on my 17 x 8, 40 offset Recce on Mountune springs, that was my main concern, I didn't want anything close to hitting anything at full lock. So far so good, no complaints...
What made you pick PS31’s over Nitto gens and s.drives? Those are the two I’m debating over right now. Was going to bite the bullet on some pilotsports in 215/45/17 then I realized I’ll most likely rub on everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have pretty much the same question, but with 205 40 17 falken 615k+ tires, 17x7 and swift springs

What made you pick PS31’s over Nitto gens and s.drives? Those are the two I’m debating over right now. Was going to bite the bullet on some pilotsports in 215/45/17 then I realized I’ll most likely rub on everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Didn't really want an all season with the Nitto and after discussing with my alignment/tire guy, the Yokos were an older design, hoping they would come out with something new in a 215 but no luck. The PS31's were a pretty recent to the market when I purchased them and decided to try something new. There was also the Pirelli's in 215's but decided to save a little coin on the PS31's. Federals are good but were a bit wider and also I wanted something that would possibly do a little better in the rain since my FiST is a daily. There are limited choices in a 215/40 but I think any of them will do the job and making a choice depends on leaning towards what you need them for.

OP
SoyFiesta
Thread Starter #15
Considering a different set up now:

16x7 RPF 1
215/45-16 Falken RT615K
Swift Springs still

Would that have rub or fitment issues? If so any suggestions on a better tire size?