Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What's the best way to dispose of old parts?

It's that time in life,

Over the years of upgrading the suspension of many vehicles, I have acquired a collection of components that I'd like to get rid of like olds springs, studs, shocks, sway bars, etc. What's the best way of going about it? Taking them to a junkyard?

Thanks,

George

Go to a place that recycles scrap metal. You'll probably get a few dollars. Anything besides Aluminum just gets cents, lol.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Steel by me is literally worthless. If I can't weld something cool looking out if it I put it on the curb and some scrap guy in a pos beat down looks like it's going to die in front if my house truck picks it up. Idk where he takes it because when I look steel in they said it was a drop off only not paying for it.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

zanethan

If the parts are good put them up on the respective forums as free and buyer pays shipping or local pick up.

No sense wasting good parts when there is someone out there who likely needs what you have.

koozy

3000 Post Club
put them up for free in a local ad or standard Fiesta forum where someone may appreciate your trash. makes no sense to destroy something that still useful. just need to make the right connections with the right thankful recipient.

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
U talking stock fist suspension parts?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Best can mean many things. Fastest? Most resale? Most lilely to be repurposed? Cant have em all..

OP
G
Thread Starter #10
The things I'm getting rid of are stock suspension components for a 1991 Mustang, 2000 SVT Contour, and a 2005 Volvo. I should at least check the "Parts wanted" section of the associated forums before pitching.

Thanks,

George

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
You can join those groups, too, if no one's looking for those specific parts. Offer them for sale.

Clean them up, take some pics, and find some boxes, because you'll sell them.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
It's that time in life,

Over the years of upgrading the suspension of many vehicles, I have acquired a collection of components that I'd like to get rid of like olds springs, studs, shocks, sway bars, etc. What's the best way of going about it? Taking them to a junkyard?

Thanks,

George
Do you fish? Make them into a boat anchor or some sweet Fiesta Yard art and pay some tribute to the FiST![rockon]

I'm personnaly throwing my old parts in a corner of my garage. I call it the kill corner.

I keep them for now in case I *have* to get rid of the car, so I can put it back stock and resell the aftermarket parts, but I'll eventually just abandon the idea to put it back stock and see if anyone needs the stock parts or I'll give it to my father, he has fun with metal scraps.

Does anybody need any 2011 Fiesta headlights? Steering wheel, exhaust, two OEM suspensions, bunch of silver trim.. ugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Glue and macaroni

slopoke

Depending on the part, shipping costs may make it not worth it. If so, I just cut them to fit my recycle bin. A 6" cut off wheel does wonders.

eBay them for the cost of shipping or join the forums of each vehicle and sell them. No need to waste good parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk