Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FrankenTurbo

Trader history for FrankenTurbo (0)

Hi there. We're a small company that specializes in hybrid turbos and I've been encouraged to join this community and learn about the platform. I've seen there are plenty of companies serving this market but I have to say the current pricing amongst them leaves a pretty big opening for our products. Is there a market on the Ecoboost 1.6 for a 300bhp turbo that costs under a grand? Maybe. It's worth a look.

Thanks

Doug Harper
FrankenTurbo

Business6

Hmm..."small company" and then uses tiny font size :D

But in all seriousness there is always a market for more power. Not sure if I'm part of that as far as turbo upgrades go but looking at your site there are some interesting options & results. We have some really knowledgeable folks here that can help inform you if you're looking to get up to speed on the 97ci engine of fury.

OP
FrankenTurbo
Thread Starter #4
HOW'S THIS THEN??

Maybe a bit much. Anyway, my company is basically me, a repair and design whiz I've collaborated with for years & my Chinese manufacturing partners. We also have some tuning partners some of you likely have heard of: Stratified and Freektune. So the critical question to the viability of an upgrade turbo in this market is tuning availability, the car's stock fueling system & engine internal strength. Another big factor is a customer base that's enthusiastic about performance modifications. We can knock it out of the park with a great turbo design, only to have no customers interested.

pwnall1337

Vendor
Hey Doug,

The hpfp on the fiesta is not very friendly to big turbo upgrades. Typically past 300whp port injection is required and recommended for safety. HPFP was falling hard up top when tuning my x47r so we reduced fuel pressure demand on the DI side and compensated with more aux to keep the fuel pressure happy on the DI side.

As per our conversation I roasted my clutch doing a 2nd gear hit. I'm making somewhere in the ball park of 360 wtq at 3800 rpm on the nitrous hit and I'm sourcing a new clutch right now from xtreme clutches rating for 440 FTlbs. There seems to be a few fiesta st's with full bolt on and high tq that seem to have clutch slip/failure at around the 9-11k mile marker. There are also guys running big gtx turbos on the stock clutch and are fine (peak tq moved up in the power band) which looks to be better for the rods/clutch, but nobody to my knowledge has bent a rod yet and I'm sure if the rod is going to bend it's going to be me hitting with the nitrous hitting hard in the mid rage. Lost my clutch with 800 miles on the car :'( never clutch dumped, no burn outs, just sending the torque.

OP
FrankenTurbo
Thread Starter #8
My company's brand isn't about big powaz and pricey, complicated modifications. If the stock fueling system supports 300whp on some kind of ethanol mixture, then that's the budget we'd work within. And we can just transplant the wheels and rotating assembly from our F21TC turbo for the VW 1.4 engine. Granted, this isn't going to be as big of a turbo as ones already offered. But it will have stronger parts, a longer warranty and cost less. I don't know how much more I can say as a non-paying member of this forum. But I'm certainly able to make what I'm describing.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
in for details.. or a let down.
I believe FrankenTurbo has been doing this longer and with better reviews than he who shall not be named and that angry guy who keeps going back and forth with trolls even though he says he won’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum!

I'm here to express interest as well. I'm definitely getting an aftermarket turbo in the future, but as I DD, I'm not going to add crazy whp to the car.

My personal sweet spot is about 250-270 whp. It sounds like your product idea will do just that.

Maybe you can take over the void left by the C39:

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/2857-Cyborg-Upgraded-Stock-Turbocharger-System

I only got my Fist a few months ago and it wasn't available after I joined the community. I was looking into the X-37 but I became weary after reading about people blowing them up.

At that price point you should definitely have some demand to fill. Sub 1k for a new turbo that makes around 300bhp would be perfect for some of the members on this forum and the stock fuel system/clutch etc would hold up just fine at that level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slopoke

I'm interested. That price point is very attractive and horsepower is inline with the comparable alternatives, however longevity and reliability are my main concerns.