Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New guy from Detroit area

Hi Everyone,

So excited to meet you all! I'm Fitz, and I just bought a 2018 Ford Fiesta ST in Orange Spice (the first car I've ever actually purchased [like])

Here's a pic:
Attach7359_20180409_202121[1].jpg

One question, since I'm in MI (and it actually snowed this morning), the Fiesta came with all season tires installed. So for you guys in the less comfortable latitudes, do you run AS tires all year long, or switch out Summer/Winter tires every year?

Anyway, excited to meet you all!

Best,
Fitz

Welcome!

I swap from Snows to All Seasons. Snow tires make a huge difference, and are practically free when you look at it long term (Two sets of tires last twice as long).

-Rob

Smart choice on color. [thumb] Mine came with the summer high performance tires so I have to remove them in cold weather. I just mount all season tires since I don't drive mine in snow. If I did, I would definitely go with snow tires. Now would be the time for you to think of having clear film paint protection installed, especially with all the debris we get on roads both here in Ohio and in Michigan.

OP
tykenfitz
Thread Starter #7
Wow, you guys are crazy welcoming!

John- I work in Auburn Hills, commute from Beverly Hills, might be moving soon though.

Apex- Hmm, being my fist car I've never dealt with any sort of paint protection before, what actually is that? It's a process I have done at a body shop or something?

So the general consensus is get snow tires haha, you guys got any recommendations. I assume I should get a wheel/tire set so I can easily swap em out with the seasons, eh? Do I have to get TPMS sensors installed in the winter set? All TPMS did for me on my old car (hand-me-down Chevy HHR) was fail and cause major headaches.

Thanks for the help!

Greetings from Livonia [welcome]

I just end up running all-seasons year round. I jumped down to 16s after blowing 4 tires in ~1.5 years on our roads. I may pick up a winter set next winter though. I haven't had any issues with the all-seasons, but our winters have been relatively mild the last couple years.

Welcome Fitz! Metro Detroiter myself. I also switch to full time winters when the weather changes. Car is amazing in snow if you had doubts...DONT lol, its a rally machine. Molten Orange here if you see me in passing. I have many rock chips from traffic around here so if you had considered a clear film protection kit it isnt a bad idea. Happy Motoring [shakehands]

OP
tykenfitz
Thread Starter #13
I work in Auburn Hills also during the winter. Crooks and Auburn road area.
Oh way cool dude, that's crazy close. My work is right off Auburn Rd on Auburn Ct (that big, tucked away industrial park).

BTW, wouldn't happen to know anyone in the area who'd be interested in an '08 HHR, would ya?

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Welcome! Great looking car. Great in snow with the right wheels.

Practical, economical, reliable, good handling and fast enough to be fun.

OP
tykenfitz
Thread Starter #19
You can do that but new ones on tire rack are a similar price
Yeah, I was looking at that, but Tire Rack said that they would deliver them mounted and balanced like they usually do because they do not have the TPMS sensor for my car.
Should I just buy them separately from TR and have them mounted elsewhere?

Yeah, I was looking at that, but Tire Rack said that they would deliver them mounted and balanced like they usually do because they do not have the TPMS sensor for my car.
Should I just buy them separately from TR and have them mounted elsewhere?
I don’t run any TPMS on my winter wheels and if you can get over a little light on your dash it’s pointless.