Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Help deciding on wheels

I’m looking for light weight wheels and right now I’m between the Konig Hypergrams and the Team Dynamic Pro Race 1.2. I’m don’t want anything bigger than 16”. I’ll mainly be doing canyon carving in GMR (Glendora Mountain Road) so I prefer light weight wheels.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
I don't know about the Konigs but I've been very happy with my Pro Race 1.2's. I love that they are over 5 lb. lighter than stock in stock 17 x 7 size, that they have a stock center bore size so don't need centering rings, and come in a variety of offsets. I also think they look nice.
I got curious and looked at the Konig site. They wouldn't have been for me because the narrowest 17 shown is an 8" wheel, and I wanted stay with a stock size wheel and not change the handling characteristics of this beautifully set up car. I also don't see any 16's. The 17 x 8 they show is lighter than the comparable Pro Race 1.2.

codestp202

I have the 17x8 Konig hypergrams. Love them and I'm about to replace my bent ruined track wheels with a set of Hypergrams as well. You can get them for like $500 shipped after discounts from American discount tire.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
I have the 17x8 Konig hypergrams. Love them and I'm about to replace my bent ruined track wheels with a set of Hypergrams as well. You can get them for like $500 shipped after discounts from American discount tire.
The Konigs look like a great choice in 17 x 8, quite light and that's a good price. How's their durability? And do they require hub centric rings?

codestp202

The Konigs look like a great choice in 17 x 8, quite light and that's a good price. How's their durability? And do they require hub centric rings?
Yes they require rings. Durability is good so far, my suspension is very stiff and I haven't had any issues. They are flow formed so they should be quite durable. The second set will be track only wheels, so I hope they are up to the task. A lot of miata guys and drifting people use the hypergrams and they seem to hold up quite well to abuse.

Can you share the discounts you are referring to? Their site shows $162/rim. Thanks.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I’m looking for light weight wheels and right now I’m between the Konig Hypergrams and the Team Dynamic Pro Race 1.2. I’m don’t want anything bigger than 16”. I’ll mainly be doing canyon carving in GMR (Glendora Mountain Road) so I prefer light weight wheels.
IF you are set on 16s, the newly released (but somewhat hard to come by it seems :( ) Konig Dekagrams are available for our rides in a 16x8 size, and very light, but yes, they DO need a hubcentric ring.

codestp202

Can you share the discounts you are referring to? Their site shows $162/rim. Thanks.
Here's a good trick I learned about their website. Set your location to a place where they dont have stores. Use 44060 (my hometown), and then they don't try to charge you for tpms and all the other bullshit.

Will offer 50 off for a set of wheels, and 50 off if you use your american tire CC. Then you have 6 month no interest if you pay off.

Here's a good trick I learned about their website. Set your location to a place where they dont have stores. Use 44060 (my hometown), and then they don't try to charge you for tpms and all the other bullshit.

Will offer 50 off for a set of wheels, and 50 off if you use your american tire CC. Then you have 6 month no interest if you pay off.
Wow - that is dirty. When I search with my store they charge $8 more/rim plus don't offer the $50 discount. Thanks for the tip!

codestp202

Wow - that is dirty. When I search with my store they charge $8 more/rim plus don't offer the $50 discount. Thanks for the tip!
Yeah, I was very frustrated with them for the bait and switch. You also don't pay tax!!!

OP
J
Thread Starter #11
I like the Dekagram. Does anyone have any experience with 15” wheels?