Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Track Spring Rates..?

I’m gonna be ordering a set of MeisteR’s pretty soon if Fortune Auto won’t make a set of the 510’s they had a small production run of for me.
But my question is what is the general rule of thumb with spring rates?
Strictly track and auto x.
I need to know what’s the max our cars will take with full supporting aero mods and suspension mods as well as what’s the sweet spot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kevinatfms

Look to the spec B cars for the highest rates you want to run. IIRC, 450 front and 510 rear were the rates they used. They also require a solid rear bushing in the torsion beam.

Grassroots Motorsports has a whole article on them and almost every writer stated they are not for any sort of driving around town but were absolutely perfect for a track day car like the Spec-B class. Id def look into those if i were taking the ST off the road or explicitly doing track days.

OP
E
Thread Starter #3
Look to the spec B cars for the highest rates you want to run. IIRC, 450 front and 510 rear were the rates they used. They also require a solid rear bushing in the torsion beam.

Grassroots Motorsports has a whole article on them and almost every writer stated they are not for any sort of driving around town but were absolutely perfect for a track day car like the Spec-B class. Id def look into those if i were taking the ST off the road or explicitly doing track days.
Sweet I’ll give it a read. Preciate it!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The max usable spring rates would also be determined by the valving rates of those Meister Rs, as much as, or even more so than the factors you mentioned above. ;)

(Unless Meister is going to be modifying the valving range within their adjustments to fit/cover the max spring rate you plan on using, for YOU specifically? [dunno])

OP
E
Thread Starter #5
That’s the plan I’ll get them valves for higher spring rates lol

OP
E
Thread Starter #7
Track and autox are completely different in terms of setup.
They aren’t far off. I just wanted to know the best for Auto x and the best for track so I can try and choose and inbetween