Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Warped COBB intake lid solutions

hsavasten

When I recently bought my FiST, it came with a Cobb intake. The lid is warped which I now know to be a fairly common issue with an earlier production intake. I emailed Cobb support about the issue to see if I could buy the lid buy the lid by itself and I was told I would either have to buy an entire new intake or to see if I could buy one secondhand. I was just wondering if anyone had fabbed a lid out of aluminum or modified a stock lid because I cannot seem to find a lid for these intakes by themselves anywhere and I like the intake but the warped lid just bothers me.

Attachments

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
If it was me...Id take a dump in plastic bag and take the intake back out. Put it all together in a the bag and box it up & send it back to COBB. Then I'd buy a st200 intake from Ron at whoosh and not look back. [chair]

That's weird... mine wasn't warped anywhere near that degree, but had a small bit of warp to it. I spoke to Cobb and they said the lid could potentially be purchased for $40. I ended up just using some wider/thicker weather stripping and it worked out great, but it was an option.

OP
H

hsavasten

Thread Starter #5
That's weird... mine wasn't warped anywhere near that degree, but had a small bit of warp to it. I spoke to Cobb and they said the lid could potentially be purchased for $40. I ended up just using some wider/thicker weather stripping and it worked out great, but it was an option.
How long ago was that? I found some scrap aluminum at work and I think I am just going to end up cutting it into shape to make a new lid.