Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FS: Local Only, Utah, CP-E FMIC, HotCharge Pipe, no clamps - $320 for both, picked up

Trader history for adamm (0)

These two items were purchased and installed on my car together in July of 2016. At the time, I had plans for eventually adding a hybrid turbo to my car, so both the intercooler and hot-side charge pipe made sense. I recently went back to school, and, after re-examining priorities, decided to dial back my plans for my Fiesta, dropping the hybrid turbo from my list.

As I understood it at time of purchase, among intercoolers in the States, in terms of core size, CP-E's was second only to the race intercooler (which required a different crash beam in the front) produced by a company which is no longer around. The CP-E unit keeps charge temps in check very well, but you can definitely feel the increase in volume; that is, with the stock turbo, boost became laggier on my setup. This may have something to do with living at 5000 feet, or with driving mountain roads above 8000 feet, but I can't be completely certain. With that in mind, I'd recommend this to anyone who intends to use this with an uprated turbo, plans to use an aggressive tune, or who feels strongly that he or she understands what the larger core entails and wants it anyway.

Color directions for both are included, but you'll have to source clamps yourself. The price is $290, and that includes the intercooler, all of its original hardware (minus clamps), and the hot-side charge pipe and its couplers (no clamps for the pipe, either). Intercooler and pipe both show some cosmetic wear from being on the car, but both are functionally unaffected. The charge pipe came off about a year ago pending purchase of an upgraded turbo, so it was on for less than a year, and its couplers are in great shape.

I'm located in the Orem/Provo area and not looking to ship any of this at this point in time, so please don't ask. (Sorry!) If you're interested, please send me a PM. I'd prefer to meet, and, after inspection of both items, just do a cash exchange if the buyer is still intent on purchase. If you don't want to do a cash deal, I'm open to PayPal (money sent to a friend), and I'll bring the items to you as soon as payment clears. I would prefer inspection before sale followed by cash, though. This seems more conservative to me, for both buyer and seller.

Photos are below. Please send me a PM if you have any questions or would like additional pictures. Thank you for looking!

Last edited:

If you end up shipping and splitting them up I'd be interested in the charge pipe

OP
adamm
Thread Starter #5
Bump. $290 for local pickup. Still not looking to ship...

OP
adamm
Thread Starter #8
Just how much more lag are we talking here?
There's not a lot, but there's no way anyone could try to tell you it will spool in an identical fashion to the stock FMIC. Because there's more core volume that needs to be pressurized, the difference makes itself most noticeable moving from off-throttle to on-throttle in the low RPMs. Higher in the powerband, it's very much like stock, with the biggest difference there being that the CP-E unit doesn't heat soak. The larger FMIC will require a downshift to bring the car into boost for quick response. If you don't downshift, you'll feel the difference in core volume manifest itself in a little more lag. Hope that helps.

Business6

There's not a lot, but there's no way anyone could try to tell you it will spool in an identical fashion to the stock FMIC. Because there's more core volume that needs to be pressurized, the difference makes itself most noticeable moving from off-throttle to on-throttle in the low RPMs. Higher in the powerband, it's very much like stock, with the biggest difference there being that the CP-E unit doesn't heat soak. The larger FMIC will require a downshift to bring the car into boost for quick response. If you don't downshift, you'll feel the difference in core volume manifest itself in a little more lag. Hope that helps.
It does, thanks for clarifying!

Also, how dare you tempt me.

I know you said you don't want to ship but that was a few MONTHS ago and post is still alive.... Contact UPS and inquire about ground shipping to 92083......just bubble wrap that bitch and put in a box lol I don't care if ground shipping takes 3 weeks to get from OR to CA... PM me with quote if you want to ship and sell! If not, no worries and thanks for your time!!!

- Josh from SD

That’s typical in any bigger fmic upgrade. Aluminum charge air system and a great tune make up for that and the benefit far outweighs the lag.

Let me know if you’re interested in shipping I’m 46307.

OP
adamm
Thread Starter #14
Sorry for bumping this thing again, but these parts were sold to [MENTION=10214]onion[/MENTION]. Moderators, please close this thread! Thank you for the interest, everyone.