Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Preposterous ideas: 300whp stock turbo

Just curious. Anybody ever put a focus st motor in a Fiesta? Will it fit?
The question is. Will the RS motor fit? :p

The length of the block for the 2.0 or 2.3 might be an issue. The Fiesta isn't known for it's massive engine bay.

HBEcoBeaST

Seeing both motors outside of the engine bay, 1.6l and 2.0l, the 2.0 is quite a bit longer and the transmission looks bigger and taller too. The exhaust and intake are routed a little differently. More importantly the mounts are way different.

If you have the ability to weld up a whole new front end then sure it will fit. At that point, might as well go full blown WRC style and just build a car from scratch since you'd have to replace basically everything in the front anyways.

Enough money, skills and determination can make miracles happen. I personally think the tiny 1.6(modded of course) is quite appropriate for this car.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

HBEcoBeaST

Back on topic, please excuse my noobness.

Meth injection pre-turbo super cools the air AND adds fuel? Are we talking 100% methanol or a methanol/water blend? What keeps it from going boom?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Even if you could get to 300whp on the stock turbo (Will most likely take 75+ shot of nitrous oxide), why would you? You realize a 250whp hybrid turbo car would be faster right? Peak power means nothing if it happens for .2 seconds low in the RPM. Area under the curve and powerband matter more, and that's what you get with the hybrid turbos.

Just curious. Anybody ever put a focus st motor in a Fiesta? Will it fit?
The focus ST motor is a demonstrably worse motor than the 1.6L.

It is weaker, heavier, and less efficient. It really doesn't make power that much better either.

OP
N
Thread Starter #29
Even if you could get to 300whp on the stock turbo (Will most likely take 75+ shot of nitrous oxide), why would you? You realize a 250whp hybrid turbo car would be faster right? Peak power means nothing if it happens for .2 seconds low in the RPM. Area under the curve and powerband matter more, and that's what you get with the hybrid turbos.

The focus ST motor is a demonstrably worse motor than the 1.6L.

It is weaker, heavier, and less efficient. It really doesn't make power that much better either.

I expect the power band to replicate the larger hybrid turbos with more bottom end. This would be no more peaky than a hybrid. Pre turbo meth effectively makes the stock turbo react like a larger turbo by negotiating the compressor map to the right. The spool should be and I expect it to be on point. I'm more worried about the torque this is going to produce. May have to reverse taper the boost curve a little to keep from making 400wtq.

A stock turbo with pre turbo meth if I'm able to get to 300whp would whip a hybrid in the fast department if traction can be maintained. No spool loss with a similar top end. The only downsides are abuse and longevity. Luckily this is proof of concept.

Turbos have a maximum pressure they can achieve, you know. Do we even if a kp39 can make 35 psi? I'm confident I've read posts about the VW guys blowing their kp39's around 28 psi. The turbo can only flow so much air before it just chokes. I'm not an expert by any means, but even if you hit your goal you'll be driving everything to the moon and back with no chance of reliability.

OP
N
Thread Starter #31
Turbos have a maximum pressure they can achieve, you know. Do we even if a kp39 can make 35 psi? I'm confident I've read posts about the VW guys blowing their kp39's around 28 psi. The turbo can only flow so much air before it just chokes. I'm not an expert by any means, but even if you hit your goal you'll be driving everything to the moon and back with no chance of reliability.
Compressed meth at the turbo inlet is going to allow the turbo to achieve higher pressures. Pretty simple. There is a choke point on the leading edge of a turbos compressor map. Pre turbo meth moves that choke point to the right. Hence more achieveable pressures. It greatly broaden what the turbo is capable of.

OP
N
Thread Starter #32
Compressed meth at the turbo inlet is going to allow the turbo to achieve higher pressures. Pretty simple. There is a choke point on the leading edge of a turbos compressor map. Pre turbo meth moves that choke point to the right. Hence more achieveable pressures. It greatly broaden what the turbo is capable of.