Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Falken Azenis RT-615K or 615K+ for autocross?

Hi all,

I've been using the remains of my OEM Bridgestones for track testing of a new company product (cheap plug - Racepak CL1 Track Day Kit https://cl1.racepak.com/trackday/)

My last autocross outing on Sunday was fun - sent my old tires out in a blaze of glory and flying cones. I love it when a course worker hands you one of your mud flaps after your run.

The company is going to pay for a new set of track tires for my trouble, and the boss has a connection with America's Tire. Looking at their website, the Falken RT-615K and 615K+ are listed in 205-40-17. Anyone try either of these tires and know if they are good choices?

Thanks!

615K+ is the spec tire for this year's SSC class, so they should be capable. People I know rate them a notch below re71r and rivals. I'm planning to get them in 215/45r16 size.

OP
Gone in 60
Thread Starter #4
Good advice, and thanks for the size suggestion.

I ran the 615k+ last year and really liked them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woods247

2000 Post Club
I’ll share my opinion since I’ve had both. The + is better. It manages heat better. It’s limits are more predictable. It definitely has more grip. I suppose the only negative is accelerated wear when compared to the old tire, but that’s to be expected with better grip and heat management. You can’t really go wrong with either, but the + is a better tire. FWIW I have 215/40-17 on 17x7 ET30 on BC Coilivers. Ride height is about 1/2” lower than stock. The rear will rub without camber spacers. I have zero rub with my ghetto washer setup.

Are you still running them or did you find a set you like better?
They are still on my Auto-x wheels. I’m not sure I’ll get another full season out of them. I had them mounted about a year ago and ran them daily until mid-July (including several spirited 200+ mile drives in Southern Ohio). Haven’t decided if I’ll get another set or try something different when these are done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kevinatfms

RT615k here in 205/40R17. They are wonderful. Spend the time to adjust your tire pressures each run and keep lowering them as they climb.

Currently running a set of RT 615k+ in 205/40/r17. They're an improvement over oem but even with just an x47 i spin 1st, 2nd and most of 3rd gear.

majo

Based on about 120 hours of racing ( 24 Hours of Lemons, WRL ) on the old Falkens and about 50 hours on the new "+" tires, I haven't found much difference in lap times between the two compounds. They are virtually the same. The new "+" do wear faster though, but they also are a bit less expensive. The new compound seems more predictable in the wet.

The old compound tires are probably all just about sold out by now, so the point is probably moot. As usual, just my two cents.