Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

PSA: Powerflex passenger side transmission mount FAILED

XuperXero

I noticed the mount protruding out one day when looking under the hood.
Estimated 5000km of driving. Transmission side is fine though.

I would recommend using a thick metal wire to wrap it instead of the rubber ring. Rubber ring deteriorated and could no longer keep it tightly wrapped.

I took both out anyway as I may sell the car.

jeff

2000 Post Club
I noticed the mount protruding out one day when looking under the hood.
Estimated 5000km of driving. Transmission side is fine though.

I would recommend using a thick metal wire to wrap it instead of the rubber ring. Rubber ring deteriorated and could no longer keep it tightly wrapped.

I took both out anyway as I may sell the car.
Thanks for this. I just installed both Powerflex mount inserts, and heard that this could happen.

Or you could use a metal Zip tie...IMO...[wrenchin]
I look at my engine bay about every day, so I'll keep an eye on it...good fix!

Or use the cp-e motor mounts cause they are badass!
I think the inserts provided they hold up are a good alternative to those who don't want the added NVH of a true mount upgrade. I've ridden in a FiST with upgraded mounts, too loud/rattley and pricey for my taste. But they are definitely badass.

felopr

When I installed mine, I put the supply rubber ring and a ziptie over it, one less thing to worry about

danbfree

3000 Post Club
FYI, for those who may stumble on this thread, the title is wrong: The passenger side is the OPPOSITE of the transmission (driver side)... This screwed me up and confused me before I knew... So the 3 are RMM/roll restrictor, passenger side upper and transmission/driver side upper... And yes, get a bag of thin zip ties from Harbor Freight for like $2 and use one to keep the ring closed fully, have no idea why they think a rubber band will do it but it's worthless and does not at all... for $32 for a piece of poly you'd think they would at least include what you need to install it right.

Quisp

1000 Post Club
FYI, for those who may stumble on this thread, the title is wrong: The passenger side is the OPPOSITE of the transmission (driver side)... This screwed me up and confused me before I knew... So the 3 are RMM/roll restrictor, passenger side upper and transmission/driver side upper... And yes, get a bag of thin zip ties from Harbor Freight for like $2 and use one to keep the ring closed fully, have no idea why they think a rubber band will do it but it's worthless and does not at all... for $32 for a piece of poly you'd think they would at least include what you need to install it right.
Xero is in China hence the swap.