Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Honda held a press event that celebrated the manual transmission....

And Honda enthusiast vehicle heritage last week.
Imagine that from a U.S. manufacturer. Honda held a press event in California that featured several of their past SI products and the current offerings.
Love em or hate em, you can't say they don't celebrate em. Honda values and keeps manual transmission vehicles in its product plans.

dmb

Toyota Hilux diesel 4x4 pick-up, might be the best PU truck ever built. Never will be sold in the U.S.A. sad also.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
As far as I'm concerned, my distant future self-driving car is going to learn how to drive a stick.

I want an automatic transmission like I want a vehicle with two engines. Maintenance wise, that's about what it amounts to. Just give me a clutch, a stick, and several hundred thousand miles of near maintenance free driving.

One thing I did notice by the way, is they stuck the frig'n slave cylinder inside this transmission's bell housing. [headslap] Not that I ever had to replace it, but the last man trans had it on the outside of the bell housing. I did have to replace the master on that one.

zanethan

For sold in U.S. sedans only manuals left are Honda or Mazda.
...And the Mazda manual is mated to the anemic N/A 2.5 four cylinder. The new turbo 2.5 will not be mated to the manual, ever. So sad because the 6 is such a striking vehicle to look at. It might be ok in the 3 but I have not driven it.

Looks like I missed a few. Thinking of cars Mid-sized forgot the BMW and Audi. But manuals make up only %3 of U.S. car sales.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
The FiST and FoST are among the last cars offered with a manual-only tranny in the US.

Apparently, we're the few who see it as a feature, not a flaw.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Looks like Chevrolet has the most models. The list would be considerably smaller if they didn't list the same models, two and three times under each manufacturer.

...And the Mazda manual is mated to the anemic N/A 2.5 four cylinder. The new turbo 2.5 will not be mated to the manual, ever. So sad because the 6 is such a striking vehicle to look at. It might be ok in the 3 but I have not driven it.
15.5 is anemoc to you? Those 2.5s out now have bolt on turbo kits out now. Custom tuning. A few mods and you could get trounced on a straight with a Mazda3. They also handle fairly well for their segment too.

zanethan

15.5 is anemoc to you? Those 2.5s out now have bolt on turbo kits out now. Custom tuning. A few mods and you could get trounced on a straight with a Mazda3. They also handle fairly well for their segment too.
You can make any car fast if you throw enough money at it... Also you'll be throwing out the warranty and potentially killing reliability. My wife has a Mazda6 and I find it very boring to drive.

You can make any car fast if you throw enough money at it... Also you'll be throwing out the warranty and potentially killing reliability. My wife has a Mazda6 and I find it very boring to drive.
what engine? Trans and year?

Because the auto is bland.

And the light weight new mazda6 with the 2.5 and stick is a very lively car. Not as quick as my old zx5 and not a contender to the fist. But still for whatbit is.(an economy car) its decent.

I dont even know what I'd buy if my car wasnt here tomorrow... It'd be a toss up between another Fiesta ST, a Focus ST, or new Civic SI. I like the idea of a WRX but at the price I couldnt justify one over a Focus ST. The Accord is just too damn big, and I am just not a fan of how new cars keep coming with bigger and bigger wheels and super skinny rubber band tires. Where I live, the roads suck. When/if they get up and patch the pot holes, they just pop out in a few days anyways.