Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New Member from VA

Welcome.....I traded in my 2014 FIST for a Shadow Black RS in June 2016....I missed the Fiesta so much that I bought a used 2016 with base seats ( the 2014 had Recaros ). I sold the RS in December to help fund my purchase of a Porsche Cayman....I miss the RS, but the FIST scratches the Hot Hatch itch. I think the RS looks great in Shadow Black!

OP
A
Thread Starter #11
Welcome.....I traded in my 2014 FIST for a Shadow Black RS in June 2016....I missed the Fiesta so much that I bought a used 2016 with base seats ( the 2014 had Recaros ). I sold the RS in December to help fund my purchase of a Porsche Cayman....I miss the RS, but the FIST scratches the Hot Hatch itch. I think the RS looks great in Shadow Black!
That’s awesome. Love the Catman.

Random question- do you prefer the recaros or the base seats? Surprised to see so many actually seem to enjoy the base seats. The recaros do hug ya!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
A
Thread Starter #12
Thanks for the welcome and kind words all! Glad to be here

That’s awesome. Love the Catman.

Random question- do you prefer the recaros or the base seats? Surprised to see so many actually seem to enjoy the base seats. The recaros do hug ya!

I don’t miss the Recaros too much. However, as others have said it makes the car feel a little more special and they keep you in place much better during spirited driving. The base seats are comfortable, but they definitely don’t have the bolstering, which you will notice taking curves. The FIST is a daily driver so I am content with the base seats and I was trying to get the best price, so I saved myself some money.

OP
A
Thread Starter #15
I don’t miss the Recaros too much. However, as others have said it makes the car feel a little more special and they keep you in place much better during spirited driving. The base seats are comfortable, but they definitely don’t have the bolstering, which you will notice taking curves. The FIST is a daily driver so I am content with the base seats and I was trying to get the best price, so I saved myself some money.
Yea, that is exactly what I was thinking as well. Appreciate the input

Other things to consider that I think favor the base seats for a daily driver are.....getting in and out is easier....with the Recaros I was always trying to avoid wearing out the bolsters....and for any passengers, the base seats will be better and you don’t have to worry about them crushing the bolsters. The darker color fabric of the base will be easier to maintain and possibly hide any stains. When I had the molten orange Recaros I was careful to cover up the rear seat if I had to carry stuff, pets etc. If I could have found a nice used FIST with Recaros at the right price, I would have bought it. I bought my 2016 with 10,000 miles for $16,100.