Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Oil change issue

When changing the oil and loosening the filter the hosing the oil filter screws into cane loose and sprayed oil. It had never done this before and when I cleaned it and put a new filter on it was good to go.

Is that normal for that squared piece with the two hoses going into it to come loose?

koozy

3000 Post Club
not normal, but possible. the square piece with hoses on it is the oil cooler. you should have tightened the fitting before putting the filter back on it. it's still loose and will be prone to leak.

OP
SoyFiesta
Thread Starter #3
I didn’t locate a fitting for it. Where on the oil cooler would it be at?

koozy

3000 Post Club
the fitting that you screw the oil filter on is the fitting itself. It fastens the oil cooler to the motor. You need a really large allen to tighten that fitting. Because it's still loose, the next time you go to remove the oil filter it may come off with it.

OP
SoyFiesta
Thread Starter #5
the fitting that you screw the oil filter on is the fitting itself. It fastens the oil cooler to the motor. You need a really large allen to tighten that fitting. Because it's still loose, the next time you go to remove the oil filter it may come off with it.
Thanks so much! I’ll def make it an issue to check that out and get it sorted