Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ford unveiled a Fiesta Van and it's adorable

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
What... no further comments about Tesla!? [histerical] I know we're all stupid and don't understand business... even if we've run one and worked contractor jobs for decades. Just a kind suggestion, consider thinking outside the box. You may be rewarded for it. [cool]
Business 101........

Tesla announced massive layoffs. In order to sell something, you must first be able to build them .the notion that Tesla is a good role model for the Detroit three to emulate is highly questionable.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Tesla is nothing more than a over rated luxury niche brand. They will never produce vehicles for the masses.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Tesla announced massive layoffs. In order to sell something, you must first be able to build them .the notion that Tesla is a good role model for the Detroit three to emulate is highly questionable.
The bubble is deflating. Shooting another car into space should fix that though.

I am curious. Who said GM, Fiat-Chrysler (note: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiat_Chrysler_Automobiles) and Ford should model their manufacturing after Tesla? Can you quote this individual? Be careful not to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man .

Many business analysts in media...

The bubble is deflating. Shooting another car into space should fix that though.

I am curious. Who said GM, Fiat-Chrysler (note: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiat_Chrysler_Automobiles) and Ford should model their manufacturing after Tesla? Can you quote this individual? Be careful not to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man .
And some of the Wall street investment analysts. Wall streets valuation and business practice opinions are what drove Chrysler into aviation in the 80's. Ford was wooed into various enterprises as well.Gm was hooked up with Hughes Corporation and EDS. None of which buttered the stock holders bread to any appreciable degree.

I don't understand what makes it a van. I suppose there are no back seats and that's it?

I know we're used to have van that are much bigger here, but I don't understand the point of having a dedicated van version like that. Does it make that much difference in cargo space to remove the back seats to warrant its own version?
I removed the seats and many plastic parts in the back to use my FiST as a track day car.
I've noticed that the cargo space, after the customization, was not so considerable…..I think that only few cardboard boxes can find a place..[:o]

I don't understand what makes it a van. I suppose there are no back seats and that's it?

I know we're used to have van that are much bigger here, but I don't understand the point of having a dedicated van version like that. Does it make that much difference in cargo space to remove the back seats to warrant its own version?
Here in Italy there is the smallest van I've ever seen..

I can think it can load many….letters and papers [hihi]

Yeah i think the same. But if they produce it, there's a good motivation (if there's one...).
Personally i'm going to buy a Transit Connect or similar if i need a large back space.
However it look so "racing" with the back glass covered [biggrin]
[hihi] I agree with You!.....With Panther Black colour besides [cool]..I guess there is not the tailgate window…..perfect to be a private room [giggle]