Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbo swap question

psan

Hey all, I have a 2014 Fiesta ST and my wife just totaled her 2006 outback XT. The icing on the cake is we just replaced her entire turbo system 1 week prior to the accident. I am pulling off her basically brand new turbo and intercooler with intent to sell, however, was curious if her turbo would be able to be installed on my fiesta for either a performance boost or to keep incase my turbo goes out some day?

Any thoughts or recommendations are appreciated!

Can you provide more information on the specs of the turbo?

it would require some fabrication regardless

OP
P

psan

Thread Starter #3
When it comes to mechanical know how beyond an oil change I am good for nothing haha. If fabrication would be required, I'll stick with my original plan and sell it. Thanks!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I think it will be more of a PIA to try and retrofit it to be honest. id just try and recoup some money.... just remember that some money is better than NO money! [like]

It would require some fab work, I think you would see similar results to a hybrid turbo.

I can't find a data sheet on that model of turbo though :(

I would recommend selling it to get some of your money back. Then when the time comes, upgrade the turbo on the Fiesta with a bolt on unit.

You should be able to sell it pretty quickly on Racing Junk / Subaru forums/ or a swap meet.

OP
P

psan

Thread Starter #9
Ended up selling it this weekend. Got me a accessport :) it was a good weekend haha. Thanks all for the input!