Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ford to stop selling every car in North America ...

Talk about a kick in the pants for Ford enthusiasts that don't drive mustangs, hopefully the Veloster N is as good as it's supposed to be because it doesn't look like I'll be getting any new Ford products.[bawling][dunno]

OP
D
Thread Starter #5
Talk about a kick in the pants for Ford enthusiasts that don't drive mustangs, hopefully the Veloster N is as good as it's supposed to be because it doesn't look like I'll be getting any new Ford products.[bawling][dunno]
After dealing with several warranty issues and overhearing on my ST which even with video proof and alarm bells going off never got fixed no more Ford for me except for the ST and my Bronco. I'm stuck with the ST for now and making payments but guess will keep it. Just have to get the Mountune radiator now as its getting hot here and the ST does not do so well on hills :(

Intuit

3000 Post Club
<< .......... from the compact Fiesta to the mid-size Focus, C-Max and Fusion to the full-size Taurus. ............ >>

I thought the C-Max was like, Volkswagen Rabbit sized...
https://www.bing.com/images/search?...8-5&sk=&cvid=628650312DF145939225957F02D86892
...apparently not.

<< ............... Ford estimates that SUVs could make up as much as half the entire U.S. industry’s retail market by 2020, ......................>>

It'd be nice to finish that out with "cars will get the other half" but I suspect they're going to count "cross-overs" as a significant part of the other estimated half.

So, over on the motorcycle forum, a poster was requesting information for adjusting his suspension for race; his weight was around 220. The motorcycle is around 400lbs. How inefficient is it, when you consider how much you'd have to weigh to be 50% of your Fiesta's weight. 1300+ lbs of ass? Even chocked full of five people, each person would have to weigh over 260 lbs. Such a wasteful form of transportation... and this is considered a "compact" car.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hopefully, Ford will leave a few spare parts laying around for our cars...
Fortunately, they're very popular in Europe, so we should be able to get most parts for them for some time to come.

zanethan

Screw Ford. They are dead to me now. I will gladly go spend my money with foreign owned companies now that understand what enthusiasts want.

Cmon how many of us thought we would ever own a ford in the first place? I never did. Japanese sports cars are really all ive ever cared for. I never expected the FiST to be produced by Ford.. i bought it for the design and function, not the name on it. Honestly, i thought we would be talking about this car on a mazdaspeed forum.

me32

1000 Post Club
In a few years, or less, after this goes into effect, I can see Ford 'importing' its cars from Europe and Asia in response to the inevitable SUV/crossover backlash & feed the new, surging American hunger for smaller cars

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
When the sales are down that's what they will do. Share holders will boot out the CEO. That's when it will be time to buy ford stock again

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Cmon how many of us thought we would ever own a ford in the first place? I never did. Japanese sports cars are really all ive ever cared for. I never expected the FiST to be produced by Ford.. i bought it for the design and function, not the name on it. Honestly, i thought we would be talking about this car on a mazdaspeed forum.
OK, but THAT is what makes it all the more painful, since they are that 'dreaded'/hated by most in this land domestic nameplate which has PROVEN that it CAN build something like what we drive and LOVE. [wink] [:(]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
In a few years, or less, after this goes into effect, I can see Ford 'importing' its cars from Europe and Asia in response to the inevitable SUV/crossover backlash & feed the new, surging American hunger for smaller cars.
IF they offer all of their special edition product from England/Germany, and ALL future RS models, they would be the one true 'import' I would have no qualms about buying (given that I could afford them, and in the event that my FiST gets destroyed/totaled somehow). ;)

OP
D
Thread Starter #18
How 'hot' does it get in B.C.? [dunno]
Where I drive it ranges in summer from 24-44C 75-111.2F it overheated the second day I had it going up hill on the highway it was about 32C. Then happened several times and even had to alarm going off and video of it. The dealer and Ford did fuck all evenhad to wait a coupel days with out the car to hear back from Ford,crickets...

zanethan

I did. This is my 3rd Ford product. I had a FoST and Taurus SHO before the FiST. All of them were great cars. I came to Ford because they were offering cars that no other manufacturer was. Now the will only be offering bland mall cruisers.

Word on the street is that the new Bronco will also be a lame pavement pounder and not the true off-road capable truck they said it would be. At one point I was considering buying the new Bronco but I won't now, not after Ford has abandoned enthusiasts like this. My guess is that I'm not the only one who will swear off Ford over this move either. So while I may one day own a mall cruising crossover I can assure you it won't have a blue oval on it.