Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Bigger rear wheels...

foldgers

Hello all!

i was looking at some possible wheels to purchase and was thinking about doing 16's in the back and 15's in the front. I've seen a lot of FWD cars do this and was wondering if anyone has had any experience doing this on a FiST.

thanks in advanced for your feedback!

Last edited:
Hmm this is new to me. I’ve seen downsizing for a drag radial/slick but what would be the reason behind going bigger in the front only?

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Finding good tires is hard as it is.. I can't imagine trying to find a matching set of two sizes.

OP
F

foldgers

Thread Starter #5
sorry i guess i was thinking of it vice versa, but yes the best application would be as you mentioned. thank you !

It's not so bad; 16s in rear and 15s in front (those are Enkei J10s)
https://imgur.com/96xQgmf
I'd have to believe that in person it won't look right. This is mostly done with RWD cars and more specifically mid-engine cars and usually its done in larger diameter wheels where the difference isn't too noticeable. Not to mention it might upset the balance of the car with different rates of rotation (very slight obviously but still present) and with two different sidewall sizes it will have much different handling characteristics. To each his own.... and for pure aesthetics? Sure go for it.... but as for performance and for what this car was build to do and perform, it seems counter-intuitive.

Why not try it? The cost of two wheels isn’t crazy expensive if you don’t like it. 15’s in the front will allow you to run a greater selection of rubber in wider sizes at a cheaper cost. Try to keep the overall rim/tire diameter the same.

A7xogg

No stagger om FWD. It works on some RWD drive cars but is not alway ideal and its a pain in the ass when it comes to tires.
A 225 in the front and a 205 in the rear would be perfect for tracking a fiesta in the same diameter wheel and different sidewalls so the tires have the same diameter

A 225 in the front and a 205 in the rear would be perfect for tracking a fiesta in the same diameter wheel and different sidewalls so the tires have the same diameter
Exactly.

The only setup that would work is 15x8 all around. 225/45/15 up front, and 205/50/15 in the back. With that combo the diameter is within .1" and is the only combo that would work.

Obviously then you can't rotate tires and depending on your alignment they will wear out quick. You will have to most likely up-size to a huge front bar and balance the rear accordingly. All this work and then it begs the question, why didn't you just get a good track car to begin with?

A7xogg

Exactly.

The only setup that would work is 15x8 all around. 225/45/15 up front, and 205/50/15 in the back. With that combo the diameter is within .1" and is the only combo that would work.

Obviously then you can't rotate tires and depending on your alignment they will wear out quick. You will have to most likely up-size to a huge front bar and balance the rear accordingly. All this work and then it begs the question, why didn't you just get a good track car to begin with?
Stock alignment seems to preform pretty well on track and wears pretty even across the tire( I do take alot of hard corners) and the fiesta is definitely a good car for the track. But that's the only reason to run a square set up is to rotate tires to save money. Well a square set up does look good but we talking track shit

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
It would look really wonky....Unless your still into Racing hot wheels around your living room on plastic track