Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ravenol 75w80

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
As soon as I either have the garage clear of my brother's destroyed, 'rolling wreck', POS Boxster, or the dogwood over the driveway drops all of it's flower petals, my MTF-2 is going in as well. ;)

I am NOT supposed to work on the car in my own (brother's) driveway according to the HOA, under penalty of an exponentially increasing fine for each 'infraction', starting at $100.00, but EFF EM, I will do it 'stealth', with a moving blanket over the jack, and the car pulled right up to the garage door, if I must! [mad]
(I might as well do the Ravenol REP 5W-30 oil change at the same time. :) )

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #3
As soon as I either have the garage clear of my brother's destroyed, 'rolling wreck', POS Boxster, or the dogwood over the driveway drops all of it's flower petals, my MTF-2 is going in as well. ;)

I am NOT supposed to work on the car in my own (brother's) driveway according to the HOA, under penalty of an exponentially increasing fine for each 'infraction', starting at $100.00, but EFF EM, I will do it 'stealth', with a moving blanket over the jack, and the car pulled right up to the garage door, if I must! [mad]
Just make the journey to Mn! I Have two Garages and two driveways at my house! And the big one! NO HOA doodle to deal with! [?|]

Looks like you are about 70 miles from me. Kind of a journey (but closer than MN [:D]). But I also have no HOA and plenty of driveway space and tools. If you need to sneak in a couple fluid changes and enjoy some tax-free shopping while here in the grand state of Delaware, let me know.

Quisp

1000 Post Club

Don't you have a fmic to install also ?

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
I have this in my gearbox and I have to say I'm not overly impressed
I'll be swapping out to Motul Gear 300 shortly just to see if I can actually feel a difference

zanethan

Wait your not allowed to work on cars at your own home?!?! F that!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Wait your not allowed to work on cars at your own home?!?! F that!
In the TINY garage ONLY, NO working in the driveway, or common parking spaces (washing/waxing is exempted from this 'rule').

But of course, ANY resident (or the management) can have a HUGE contractor's dumpster taking up 5 parking spots for unlimited amounts of time, or those contractors cutting tile/wood/whatever right out in THEIR driveway, with NO fines/problems whatsoever (somehow that is not considered a "trashy eyesore", but someone working on their own car I guess discomfortingly reminds them that not everyone living here is Thurston Howell the 10th who goes to the dealer for a $500.00 oil change! [rant]) [mad]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I have this in my gearbox and I have to say I'm not overly impressed
I'll be swapping out to Motul Gear 300 shortly just to see if I can actually feel a difference
Can you expound on this further, as in why (harder shifting, much more gearbox noise, missed shifts, grinding, 'balkiness', whatever)?

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Yeah sadly enough, AND; Rally Armor flaps, Mountune charge pipes/hoses, and many suspension components I hope to purchase soon. [:(!]
Man, weren’t we talking about that intercooler at the SEPA meet last year? Come to Conshohocken and we can get it all done in the street..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Can you expound on this further, as in why (harder shifting, much more gearbox noise, missed shifts, grinding, 'balkiness', whatever)?
I'm not great at explaining the differences because I'm usually too preoccupied with my phone while in the car, when actually in the FiST car to notice things
but:
trans noise was reduced vs the OEM fluid
gear engagement "seems better" but NOT like butter
there is some crunchiness here and there that I don't remember on the stock fill

which has me wanting to try the Motul fill

I'm not stating this fluid is terrible is it should not be used. Just my super quick opinion of it at this point after a couple hundred miles. After reading the post from MisSTrUble (spelling) about overfilling slightly, I may dump in the balance of the .4 liter before swapping out for the Motul

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^I know that it occasionally snows there, but I do not know just how long it STAYS cold in that desert, and just how low the ambients even go. [dunno]

IF it mainly stays above 40* F, even in the middle of winter there, you WILL BE just fine with the Gear 300, year 'round.

You know what Pennsyltuckey winters are like, and I had that Motul in the transaxle for this last one (still do now), and it was only a little bit 'balky'/hesitant on the few below 15*F days we had.
Once warmed up, it IS like the proverbial "butter".

I just wanted to try the MTF-2 to see what it is like, and maybe free up a couple of fractions of power to the wheels. ;)

Last edited:
OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #14
I'm not great at explaining the differences because I'm usually too preoccupied with my phone while in the car, when actually in the FiST car to notice things
but:
trans noise was reduced vs the OEM fluid
gear engagement "seems better" but NOT like butter
there is some crunchiness here and there that I don't remember on the stock fill

which has me wanting to try the Motul fill

I'm not stating this fluid is terrible is it should not be used. Just my super quick opinion of it at this point after a couple hundred miles. After reading the post from MisSTrUble (spelling) about overfilling slightly, I may dump in the balance of the .4 liter before swapping out for the Motul
What about overfilling ?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
^^^I know that it occasionally snows there, but I do not know just how long it STAYS cold in that desert, and just how low the ambients even go. [dunno]

IF it mainly stays above 40* F, even in the middle of winter there, you WILL BE just fine with the Gear 300, year 'round.

You know what Pennsytuckey winters are like, and I had that Motul in the transaxle for this last one (still do now), and it was only a little bit 'balky'/hesitant on the few below 15*F days we had.
Once warmed up, it IS like the proverbial "butter".

I just wanted to try the MTF-2 to see what it is like, and maybe free up a couple of fractions of power to the wheels. ;)
It's been in the 80's and hit 90 a few times in the past few weeks. Sadly has nothing to do with with low temps. I don't want to report "it's not magic" because I'd like to say it is, but I'm not there....

rexdriver85

Can't work in your own driveway, and working in the street? LOL that's a serious bummer. I got a 2 car garage, all the tools, and a nice driveway here in Allentown if you guys ever want to do some work.

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #18
I was gonna say....get one of those dumpster bags from home depot or Lowes...open the bag up...Drive the car onto the bag and pull up the bag around it! [wrenchin]

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
What about overfilling ?

she has stated that there was experience using the full 2 liters is preferred over the 1.6 as stated in the manual
I'll have to look for the post as it was quite good, I believe it was in "Jeff's" build thread maybe.

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #20
Well I'll do a mini write up here we go....

Tools needed topside and bottom side...

Fluid can be drained on the ground....just crank the wheel all the way left...

Thought I was gonna use my new Toy....But noooo!

Here comes the kicker....this a by far the most creative bottle design I've seen in a while...I give kudos to Ravenol for this....holy crap was it genius! Mind will blown!

Mind is completely blown at this point! This is why you need to buy Ravenol! Then put my finger over the tip...took out fill plug....found hole...inserted tube from bottle and squeezed....all from up top! First impression test drive ...Engagement is smoother going into gears.....softer shifts..long term report will follow in awhile!

Oh and How abouts these apples dawg...here's how much came out! You know who you are !

Last edited: