Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Proper tube question: Turbo

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
I upgraded to the X47. I am currently having knock issues (knocks with 7deg less timing than before turbo swap, currently on just the 1st revision of tune) and in addition looking at the vdyno the boost pressure has a oscillation at the top end. One thing about the new turbo is that the barb for the pressure line coming out of the turbo outlet is straight instead of at a 90degree like the stocker. This is putting a sharpish bend in the pressure line. I have mocked up what it looks like in Red in the photo, pressure spots in yellow.

Tubes.jpg

I have replaced the line using some 3/8" fuel line from Napa (rated 50psi on the tube) I was going to use their vacuum lines but they couldn't tell me what PSI they can run at. Does anyone see any future problems using this product? (heat?) Would vacuum line be better? (I bought some just in case). Also I just did this last night, have not done a log yet to see the result.

Anyone have any thoughts to my other symptoms?

* I changed out from stock plugs to the colder plugs everyone recommends (and gaped them myself) - No change
* I use Costco 92 Octane gas (always have) Figured bad tank. Used up what I had left and refilled. - No change. I did use the same pump, maybe the pump itself is not swapping between lines properly, will try either Chevron or a different pump next time. Thanks all.

Quisp

1000 Post Club
I have the straight fitting as well and was concerned about the bend. Never gave a problem.

OP
kivnul

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Thread Starter #3
I have the straight fitting as well and was concerned about the bend. Never gave a problem.
Thanks for the info. Alex @ stratified told me he hasn't had any problems either with straight fittings so maybe I worry too much.