Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Volume Control STOPPED working

PENN

The volume knob and steering wheel volume controls stopped working.

I can skip songs (left and right controls on steering wheel) but can't control any volume.

The power button on the console and the power button on the touch screen also do not work.

Anyone have a similar issue?

I had this exact issue a few months ago. Turned out the battery was dying as the next day the battery was completely dead. A new battery fixed everything.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
P

PENN

Thread Starter #3
I had this exact issue a few months ago. Turned out the battery was dying as the next day the battery was completely dead. A new battery fixed everything.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That actually solved the problem for me before, and I had the battery replaced 6 months ago, but now it's happening again.

I wouldn't think the new battery was dying already...

Same thing happened to me. You have to pull the apim or whatever it’s called fuse to reset the unit. Drop the glovebox down and look up at the fuse box. I believe it’s a 15 amp in the top right corner of the fuse box. The manual specified exactly where it is. Fixed my issue right away.

OP
P

PENN

Thread Starter #5
Same thing happened to me. You have to pull the apim or whatever it’s called fuse to reset the unit. Drop the glovebox down and look up at the fuse box. I believe it’s a 15 amp in the top right corner of the fuse box. The manual specified exactly where it is. Fixed my issue right away.
WOW that worked like a charm.

Thank you!

OP
P

PENN

Thread Starter #6
Is this a long-term concern?

Is this indicative of any other issues?

Based on the threads above, it sounds very likely that the problem is not resolved by replacing the car battery (which seemed strange); rather, the problem was solved when the battery was disconnected, which would have the same effect as pulling and reinstalling a fuse.