Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Dust cover for led

ROCKYFiestta

which specific kit are you talking about i will need fanless because i live in a dustbowl im sure my hikari's wont last long uncovered

ROCKYFiestta

so far it is the oem housing but i dont care about blinding people we live in the country and you will get blinded by all the lifted trucks and their 20 headlights.

ROCKYFiestta

those are the eye of megatron hikari on amazon for 80 beans but they have a fan which sux but they did fit all the way in and the little box fits in there so i can cover the thing but i feel that will just bake the lights in their own heat.

ROCKYFiestta

i am looking to replace the housings as well if anybody knows where i can score a new set within usa/ca i dont want to import from overseas.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
The LED kit you have...where did you buy it and how much? I have xenon depot extremes...pretty nice also I might add

ROCKYFiestta

they light up pretty well and they use philips leds i dont think those are chinese either way the light looks great and after 2 weeks of very early morning drivng and late night so far i have had 0 people flash me unlike the old hid kit i would get flashed 3x min a day.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
THese are what I have and they nicely fit with the ribbon heat dispersal inside the factory housing without the 90mm larger caps to accompany the fan on the one you have.

http://www.xenondepot.com/H11-Xtreme-LED-kit-pro-p/xt-led-h11-pro.htm
I know we have another thread going on, but you really shouldn't stuff anything in the housing and seal it, that is meant to be cooled... So this thread is about the rear caps, and there are a number of options included domed if you want to go ahead and seal anyway, or pass-through, so that the fan or cooling ribbons can hang out the back while still getting a seal... Did anyone ever figure out the rear cap size for low beams, is it 80mm or 90mm?

And just a word on LED's in a halogen projector housing: I respect what Xan has to say but he uses 4+ year old LED's for example pics, when there are indeed *SOME* LED's with a completely clean cutoff and full distance outward projection available, you just HAVE to do your research, like the Hikari $90 ones posted above. It uses good high end Philips chips and really does have a perfectly clean cutoff. Bottom-line, the technology to mimic halogens exact light source point has a come a LONG ways in just the last few years, but 80%+ of LED's still suck horribly with bad glare in halogen reflector housings, you MUST know what you are getting first.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Yeah, since this thread was last touched we have determined it is a 75mm rear cap if you get LED's that need them, I have it right in the first post of the thread you listed 3rd link down.

So for those that would like rear covers, I personally don't bother as I never have gotten water up there and prefer plenty of cooling, I would just go with these: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073QPRKJR

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Yeah, since this thread was last touched we have determined it is a 75mm rear cap if you get LED's that need them, I have it right in the first post of the thread you listed 3rd link down.

So for those that would like rear covers, I personally don't bother as I never have gotten water up there and prefer plenty of cooling, I would just go with these: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073QPRKJR
Those do work. Kind of a loose fit and pretty thin, especially compared to OEM but friction should do the work. I'll post-up if any issues develop. Thanks DBF.

I only need to look at all the very dirty plastics underneath my hood to know that I need a cover there. The salt-dust literally gets into every crack and crevice and once it gets inside that closed headlamp assembly, it ain't coming out short of running water inside there.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Those do work. Kind of a loose fit and pretty thin, especially compared to OEM but friction should do the work. I'll post-up if any issues develop. Thanks DBF.

I only need to look at all the very dirty plastics underneath my hood to know that I need a cover there. The salt-dust literally gets into every crack and crevice and once it gets inside that closed headlamp assembly, it ain't coming out short of running water inside there.
Sure, I recommend going with bulbs that don't have an external driver that you would have to tuck inside the housing to create more heat, or have outside and not have a seal then. I think you went with the TechMax or Cougar X Small, right? The TechMax are the coolest running ones that don't have an external driver so are perfect if you need the rear seal.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
I actually went the more experimental route.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RSFP4YF/
Haven't yet installed the lamps though. (don't really have a full day to start projects without planning a day off work)
Plenty of space beneath the extended caps to keep them cool.
No external driver but the plug is huge; which if in the wrong place, can interfere with aiming the headlamp. Over time, abrasion wear will create some additional dust.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I actually went the more experimental route.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RSFP4YF/
Haven't yet installed the lamps though. (don't really have a full day to start projects without planning a day off work)
Plenty of space beneath the extended caps to keep them cool.
No external driver but the plug is huge; which if in the wrong place, can interfere with aiming the headlamp. Over time, abrasion wear will create some additional dust.
Wow! Really interesting! Probably will be great in a reflector... I see there are a couple of others with the same design that cost more including an upgrade in the same brand. Since this mimics a halogen light source so closely I bet they will work great in reflectors and may even be able to take the even brighter ones, but still a good idea to start with the lower end so you can see how the output is first. Nice find!