Hello and welcome to our Fiesta ST Forum community! Is this your first visit?
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Senior Member 973 Rep Points M-Sport fan's Avatar
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    Solebury
    State
    PA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
    Good luck with:
    1- Driving your car for the remainder of your life (if it even lasts that long)
    This depends on how old one is currently.
    You are probably looking at it from the 'immortal' perspective of a millenial, whereas us 'ancients' (I'm almost 63) are starting to come to terms with our mortality.

IF I was able to get a supposedly, according to many domestic haterz/importphiles' attitudes, 'falling apart as it drove off the dealer's lot BRAND new' <- LOL, fully and well abused, 2000 Z28 to last 250K+ miles, and 17 years (and STILL running when I sold it, but clacking loudly due to a dropped lifter), then this car should be a piece of cake to make it to my departure from this planet, save for a total/flood/lava flow/etc., or any other 'comprehensive' disaster.
    Magnetic 2016 Fiesta ST base model

New Member 14 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points  
    City
    Miami, FL
    State
    FL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Quote Originally Posted by M-Sport fan View Post
    This depends on how old one is currently.
    You are probably looking at it from the 'immortal' perspective of a millenial, whereas us 'ancients' (I'm almost 63) are starting to come to terms with our mortality.

IF I was able to get a supposedly, according to many domestic haterz/importphiles' attitudes, 'falling apart as it drove off the dealer's lot BRAND new' <- LOL, fully and well abused, 2000 Z28 to last 250K+ miles, and 17 years (and STILL running when I sold it, but clacking loudly due to a dropped lifter), then this car should be a piece of cake to make it to my departure from this planet, save for a total/flood/lava flow/etc., or any other 'comprehensive' disaster.
    Well, if you take it easy (both you and the car), you'll probably see another 20 years.
    I seriously doubt cars will last 20 years nowadays. They're made to break down at certain intervals.

Staff Team Staff Team 1031 Rep Points Fiesta ST of the Month Winner D1JL's Avatar

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    SFV, So.Cal.
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Well, if you take it easy (both you and the car), you'll probably see another 20 years.
    I sure hope not.

Dave
    Modifying cars is a sickness.....and I have it.

Click The Links Below to See what I Have Done.

Member 70 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points  
    City
    Laguna beach
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

I’d get another 500 Abarth if I could get the same deal I got on my first one. Dealership closing, 2017s on the lot, the car I bought was someone else’s special order 2016 where financing fell thru - 13,500 brand new Abarth before ttl. Didn’t even care that it was powder blue - I put Mario bros stickers on it and used the blue as a backdrop :P

Member 570 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Grand Haven
    State
    MI
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5 Likes

I seriously doubt cars will last 20 years nowadays. They're made to break down at certain intervals.
    Cars are not designed to break down at intervals. They are designed to certain requirements for durability and cost. Trying to design a product to fail at a given interval is very difficult to accomplish. Instead, it is a given number of cycles to complete and a cost target. Life expectancy is more a function of cycles, maintenance, and the environment. A Fiesta ST kept out of UV and in a controlled environment would last forever. One that is driven in a high salt environment, poorly maintained, mechanically abused, and under constant high stress could only last 10 years. A typical daily driven Michigan car lasts about 10-15 years before the rust becomes too bad for it to be safe. The same car in Arizona may last well over 20 years. When I travel to California, I constantly see cars that haven't been seen in Michigan in a decade. Modern cars use far better quality materials, coatings, and built to higher levels of durability than cars in the past. I work with a number of companies in the transportation sector and the demands for increased durability and improved performance and growing more intense each year. None are asking for a part to fail at a predetermined interval.
    2015 Performance Blue Fiesta ST
    1984 Performance White Mustang

@BRGT350 Instagram, Twitter, YouTube

Senior Member 255 Rep Points

Medals
    City
    South West Ohio
    State
    OH
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Apple has been caught sabotaging their older products in order to promote new sales; and the tactic was proven effective. If Volvo and other manufacturers can program their vehicles to detect emissions testing and cheat them, (only discovered via whistle blower IIRC,) they could also program the PCM/ECU to run on parameters that, after a particular number of cycles, would either cut into the life span of the product or/and mildly sabotage performance. Very conspiracy theorish and there is Z E R O evidence of this ever having been done. It'd be pretty amusing if an auto manufacturer were busted for engaging in "planned obsolescence" practices though.
    2016 Ford Fiesta ST Kona Blue ; Engine, Suspension will remain untouched ; Southwest Ohio ; Winter: 215/45R17 Continental ; Seasonal: 205/40R17 Bridgestone

Senior Member 973 Rep Points M-Sport fan's Avatar

Medals
    City
    Solebury
    State
    PA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup, sounds VERY 'tin foil hattish', but I would not put ANYTHING past ANYONE in THIS day and age!
    Magnetic 2016 Fiesta ST base model

Member 216 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Los Angeles
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Intuit View Post
    Apple has been caught sabotaging their older products in order to promote new sales; and the tactic was proven effective.
    Conspiracy theory fan much? What Apple did was slow down the older IOS units that got the new operating systems to preserve battery life, because in the past they and many long time Apple users discovered the new operating systems on the older devices chewed up battery time longevity.
    So they alowed the systems down on older devices and some people started whining and it came out yhey were actually doing it. Of course the Apple hating media got their hands on this info and blew it up. Let me guess you’re an Android using Windows person? Well if not your stAtement spunds like one.
    Long time Apple user and Android. Using a Ipad Air to type this. Works fine and has for years. Same goes for my Iphone 6S.
    None the less it got why over hyped by the media that loves to latch onto anything Apple negative or Positive. Oh and lets not get started about how mich more invasive Google is with Anroid. Lol

Medals
    City
    South West Ohio
    State
    OH
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Dpro View Post
    Conspiracy theory fan much? What Apple did was slow down the older IOS units that got the new operating systems to preserve battery life, .................
    He bought their story!
    2016 Ford Fiesta ST Kona Blue ; Engine, Suspension will remain untouched ; Southwest Ohio ; Winter: 215/45R17 Continental ; Seasonal: 205/40R17 Bridgestone

Medals
    City
    South West Ohio
    State
    OH
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dpro View Post
    I did not buy anyones story I never had a problem. . On and you can keep on smoking that funny stuff if you think I did.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast